SPMU training courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgia Edwards

Reaction score
Hi,

I am brand new to this industry and looking to book onto a training course in SPMU brows only.

I have been looking into the following 4 companies: (prices with full kit INC VAT)
1. KB Pro - £8400 including level 4
2. Adorn - £3500, unsure on level 4 option
3. Finishing Touches Group - £6000 with Vogue machine, extra £700 for level 4
4. Dermace - £3750, no mention of level 4 qualification anywhere

I am based in Cheshire and each one of these companies has something fairly local to me, by all means if anyone else knows more companies worth looking into then please let me know!

I am struggling to make a decision as the prices for the courses vary SO MUCH! I was under the impression that Dermace and KB Pro are the front runners but for full kit and training in brow only, there is nearly a £5000 between the two?

I am willing to pay what i need to, to get the best results and best kit but, with the prices fluctuating between these companies so much, I just don't know who to choose?

Can anyone who trained with these companies or any others please give me some advice on which company I will get the best training and kit from?

Thanks!

Hi, I am also trying to find a good training provider for microblading, I have had my eye on The brow cow which is £2000 with VTCT qualification and can apply for finance too and Lillian maund is £820 also VTCT qualification and both include kits and are in Bolton, I'm just trying to find out if Lillian maund is a good one as it is a lot cheaper than most but they seem to have a good reputation and have been in the industry for years so it's worth checking out.

One way of getting an honest opinion of a training provider is by looking at their facebook reviews. You can see if they are real by checking out the profile of the person that left them. Level 4 training is not a guarantee of a good course, there is a whole lot of vital information such as; colour theory, undertones and hair stroke structure that just doesn't feature in the VTCT level 4 syllabus. My recommendation for microblading training is Dermagraph, fantastic course content, brilliant support and they'll even allow you to retrain for free, if you try but don't graduate within 6 months.

Hi,

I am brand new to this industry and looking to book onto a training course in SPMU brows only.

I have been looking into the following 4 companies: (prices with full kit INC VAT)
1. KB Pro - £8400 including level 4
2. Adorn - £3500, unsure on level 4 option
3. Finishing Touches Group - £6000 with Vogue machine, extra £700 for level 4
4. Dermace - £3750, no mention of level 4 qualification anywhere

I am based in Cheshire and each one of these companies has something fairly local to me, by all means if anyone else knows more companies worth looking into then please let me know!

I am struggling to make a decision as the prices for the courses vary SO MUCH! I was under the impression that Dermace and KB Pro are the front runners but for full kit and training in brow only, there is nearly a £5000 between the two?

I am willing to pay what i need to, to get the best results and best kit but, with the prices fluctuating between these companies so much, I just don't know who to choose?

Can anyone who trained with these companies or any others please give me some advice on which company I will get the best training and kit from?

Thanks!
I know its not on your door step but I cant recommend Layla Hinchen enough. She is based in Essex but runs full SPMU courses and she is absolutely amazing! You can see her work on instagram/twitter and also facebook http://www.laylahinchen.com/

Hi Totally agree on all points mentioned by Beauty-UK (although the OP asked for info about machine brows not microblading), however I would like to add one other. Level 4 VTCT is becoming the industry standard for some council boroughs and insurance companies. Most London boroughs require it and it is likely to become the norm. What I have found is that it is better to do a VTCT level 4 course and then if required do further training on top, crazy I know. FE colleges are usually cheapest to do the qualification.

Last edited:
I’m in the same place as you I’m going to KB pro as an observer this week.
I like the sound of their training and support.
Their machine is around £4000 so half your cost is in that.
If the trainings good you will make it all back any way might just take slightly longer! I definitely want level 4 like other people are saying it’s becoming standard in certain areas.
If you want me to msg you after I go to KB on Friday just drop me a message and I’ll tell you how it went.
KB also do train now start paying in 7 months if that helps you? Gives you chance to earn before paying money out xx

I’m in the same place as you I’m going to KB pro as an observer this week.
I like the sound of their training and support.
Their machine is around £4000 so half your cost is in that.
If the trainings good you will make it all back any way might just take slightly longer! I definitely want level 4 like other people are saying it’s becoming standard in certain areas.
If you want me to msg you after I go to KB on Friday just drop me a message and I’ll tell you how it went.
KB also do train now start paying in 7 months if that helps you? Gives you chance to earn before paying money out xx

Hi

I’m also interested in starting a microblading course with KB and I’m in the process of deciding if gonna go for Microblading or PMU . Have you started the training with them? If yes could you please tell me how did it go, any good etc:) any info will be greatly appreciated as i have no clue about the beauty business atm x

I am looking in to training in micro blading as there is no one very good that offers this in my area. Can anyone recommend any training providers? I definitely want to do a course that is level 4 vtct and I would like to ensure I complete the absolute bets training possible. I am new to the beauty industry so this is a big step and I want to be able to offer an outstanding service. Thanks

Latest posts

Back