Spoilt tanning solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkles2011

Reaction score
Morning everyone.

I did a tanning party on Wednesday last week and have only just realised this morning, a week later, that i left my 8% in my suitcase instead of putting it in the fridge.

I've heard that it can go green if its off. I've not had a chance to check it as running late but will it be okay to use if its not green?

Thanks xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

Oh no! Only because of the heat that we've all had this week, it may not be a good idea to use it, atleast not on paying clients. :)
Hope this helps
Trinitia xxx

In this weather it may well have already gone off and be a lovely shade of green.

If it is not green then it will be fine to use, I would think you have affected the lifespan of the solution, so check it and then refrigerate as much as possible to get as long as you can out of the solution (maybe order more solution soon to have ready as a backup for when it does go off).

It will now most likely go off sooner than it would have if it had always been kept in a cool and dark place (don't expect it to last it's full 6 months from opening).

You may wish to look at the fact you are risking all your solution going off by carrying the full litre bottles about with you like you have been - is this the best way to go about things?

I don't take my litre bottles out of their cool bag, if I have a lot of clients one after another or a tanning party and need to take the litre bottles with me they stay in a cool bag in the passenger footwell and therefore are in a cool and dark place at all times and I pour what I need into my spare cups to take into clients homes - I never take the litre bottles into clients homes.

I can't forget the litre bottles this way as they are too obvious - I may forget to remove one of my cups from my bag and this may go off but at least it is always just a small amout (2/3 tans) not a full bottle.

Last edited:
If its the first time this has happened then the solution might not be ruined. Whilst the heat and incorrect storage (ie in direct sunlight) might shorten the life and affect the reliability you might be fine using it so i would give it a go depending how many clients you have booked and how much you have left in the bottle as its not worth losing customers for the sake of a few ml.

Morning everyone.

I did a tanning party on Wednesday last week and have only just realised this morning, a week later, that i left my 8% in my suitcase instead of putting it in the fridge.

I've heard that it can go green if its off. I've not had a chance to check it as running late but will it be okay to use if its not green?

Thanks xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

I think you are preempting things here.

The best thing to do is to spray tan a family member or friend and see how things go

Whilst it was indeed warm recently this doesn't necessarily mean that the solution is spoiled

Give it a try

Heres hoping :hug:

Latest posts

Back