Sponsorship in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy123

Reaction score
Hey geeks ,

just wondering if any of you guys have had or been offered a sponsorship in Australia doing hairdressing ect?

If so how did you find it, leaving home family and setting up in Australia.

Also is there a minimum they have to pay you?

thanks
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there
I'm in perth at the moment on a 457 sponsorship. Came over on a working holiday visa.
Lots has changed the last year and it's much harder now to get a sponsorship especially perth, but if you work somewhere for 6 months on a whv first it may be easier as they will get used to you and your work and may really want to keep you. The main problem is the pay it's $54,00 now and due to go up in July (that's a lot lol ) plus they pay you super annuation that's another 11%.
But I love it here and it's great if you want it you will do it !
Maybe look into state sponsorship, South Austraila and ACT have it on their list, you can come here independently then if you have enough points (60) so much better if you want to stay here long term.
:)

I was born and raised in australia. I don't know much about sponsorship but I do know a lot of exchange students work at Just Cuts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think my manager is in the position to pay for it . She wants to sponsor me and can sponsor people . I'm in limbo at the moment... do I pay?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was born and raised in australia. I don't know much about sponsorship but I do know a lot of exchange students work at Just Cuts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh good ha Im planning on going out there on the working tourist visa in the next year and a half, would be good to be able to find a hairdresser to work in even if its a chain store instead of doing bar work. Doing a sassoon abc cut course next month so hopefully that boosts my cv a bit to get a decent job though.

Hi there
I'm in perth at the moment on a 457 sponsorship. Came over on a working holiday visa.
Lots has changed the last year and it's much harder now to get a sponsorship especially perth, but if you work somewhere for 6 months on a whv first it may be easier as they will get used to you and your work and may really want to keep you. The main problem is the pay it's $54,00 now and due to go up in July (that's a lot lol ) plus they pay you super annuation that's another 11%.
But I love it here and it's great if you want it you will do it !
Maybe look into state sponsorship, South Austraila and ACT have it on their list, you can come here independently then if you have enough points (60) so much better if you want to stay here long term.
:)
Where are you in perth? I live and work here:)

Wow sorry late reply ! I'm in freo :) I work in Claremont x

I'd love to do a year in Australia, what's the best way to go about this? X

My hours have been cut at work and I'm looking into my Australian dream. I wanted to put the feelers out first so I applied for jobs on SEEK. I made them aware that I was currently in the UK and would go out on a WHV with the hopes of staying permanently. I got 12 positive responses requesting an interview. This was all in the NSW area where I plan to be (fly out March '15).
It made me feel really positive about my search for a job in Australia and considering I had that response whilst living in the UK I can only hope to get more whilst I'm out there. Unless they were just being really polite!

I've always wanted to move to Australia, even for a year. Does anyone know if you can go over with just hair extensions & no hair dressing qualification? xx

Wow viva glam that's great ! My friend has just landed a hair job in Melbourne so easy. I think Perth is slightly different as there's less travellers. So if I was doing it again I'd go back to Melbourne or Sydney :) how exciting. They do love uk hairdresser here x

I would advise for a year you can come on a working holiday visa. If you do some farm work for three months in regional Australia you can get your second year working holiday visa :)
Gives you time to settle and find a nice salon :)

I've always wanted to move to Australia, even for a year. Does anyone know if you can go over with just hair extensions & no hair dressing qualification? xx

You can on a working holiday visa and look for work. Only if you want to apply for a 457 work visa or permanent visa you need to be on the sol or csol list with qualifications to level 3 and two years experience. Go for it !

Could I do this for usa hair salons, because I would love to work in the us later on in life.

You can on a working holiday visa and look for work. Only if you want to apply for a 457 work visa or permanent visa you need to be on the sol or csol list with qualifications to level 3 and two years experience. Go for it !

Okay thanks for your help I'm going to look into that :D xx

Could I do this for usa hair salons, because I would love to work in the us later on in life.

I believe it's rather difficult getting into the US. The chap I work with is trying to get into New York and for a start, before he can apply for a visa, he has to apply for a cosmetology license.

Latest posts

Back