spoon shaped nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sueE

Reaction score
Hi All,
First can i just say what a great site this is :biggrin: just by reading the post you have all help me greatly.
I'm am doing a VTCT advanced nail techiques course at collage. In my last assignment i have a question that has stumped me :sad: and i am hoping one of you can help.:D
What type of artifical nail structure would you choose and why for Spoon shaped nails?:?:
I have covered all the other shapes but can't find anything on spoon shape.
sorry i'm ramberling i stop now.

thank you all in advance
sueE

Hi SueE

It's not so much the type of artificial nail structure for spoon shaped nails, more the method of compensation for the shape (assuming they are not an extreme shape that can be an indication of systemic condition. If they are a genuine 'spoon' shape, tilting up at the edge and the sides, and thin then do not apply artificial nails and tactfully suggest she shows them to her doctor )

Any system will be fine but, if using a tip with overlay, there should be no free edge on the natural nail, the tip should hev a very tiny contact area and applied at an angle to correct the upward tilt of the nail; the overlay can then be applied to correct the shape and create a gentle, natural upper arch. If sculpting, check the side view of the form and imagine the sculpt in place; it should gently arch down.

Picture the perfect shaped nail in your mind and try to create it

Marian

Thank you ever so much Marian,
at least i now have some idea of what to write for the answer.:biggrin:

sueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back