Sports massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
One of my colleagues has had a sports massage due to a bad back and aching neck. She says it helps, but, she is quite bruised on her back. Is this normal?
Her mum also had a massage because of a frozen shoulder. She apparently is full of bruises. Surely this isn't right. She said she asked about the bruising and was told its fine, it happens all the time. ??

Maybe time to find a different massage therapist!

I have sports massage and really deep tissue on my upper trapz as they suffer from doing massage and I tell the therapist to go super deep, it burns sometimes but never ever bruises, I might feel achy for a couple days afterwards but am way way looser.

I'm a remedial massage therapist, bruising is damage. In some clients that bruise easily it may happen but it is not normal and not ok. If the muscle is warmed up properly before deep work there should be no bruising. if they are causing pain the muscle contracts and it won't release properly so going to hard, no pain no gain is not beneficial. Massage should be bare able pain.

Is she actually bruised or just feels like she is because with sports it often feels sore for a few days after xxx hot stone is a nicer way to get a deep tissue massage x

Latest posts

Back