Spots/lumps on bikini area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffydreams

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I am qualified in waxing but don't do my own bikini waxing as I don't get the best finish due to not being able to see/stretch etc so I go to another salon to have it done.

I have been to two different therapists who both use sensitive warm wax. I have everything removed except for the inner & outer labia (as no one in my area offers intimate waxing). About 2 weeks after my wax, when the new hair is starting to grow through I get really red, sore, painful lumps and spots on my pubic mound.

I exfoliate and moisturise afterwards but it doesn't make any difference. Any suggestions on why this happens and what to do to stop it? Is it folliculitus?

Thanks in advance xx

Sounds like Folliculitis. I find that often most antiseptic products will help to clear it up and perhaps some Aloe Vera or witch hazel to soothe the skin. Do you get ingrown hairs as well? If you do then you will need to use some of the products that are designed for these ( PFB Vanish etc) the salicyic acid in these contains asprin so it will reduce the painful inflamation. If it does not clear up or becomes very painful you may need to see your GP.

Also some clients find that having a non strip wax/ hot wax used on the pubic mound makes a huge difference with less reaction, as this seems to happen all the time at the moment with warm wax then maybe try it with a non strip wax next time to see if that makes a difference...

Jack

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back