Spotty balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLT

Reaction score
Hi iv just been to get my hair coloured balayage and cut and the lady curled it, i looked like curly sue so just straightened it and this is the result.... What do you guys think i should do 😁.... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422627006.608836.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422627032.142606.jpg

I would go back and complain! X

Definitely complain! From a colourists point of view, i don't even know what its supposed to be doing!

Im pretty shocked too, if i could of done it myself i would of, even the layers are wonky :(

A better pic of the front...ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422628076.468247.jpg

Yes definitely go back and show them the picture of the underneath. You're not happy and you shouldn't have to live with it.

Its def not like the picture i showed her and its definately not a professional look being a hairdresser :( i hate paying salon prices being a hairdresser myself as it is lol

I don't know how they managed to do this!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

They've just painted the strips too thick, take a pic from google that you like with you and ask them to re do it propperly, I think u need a darker top colour too imo

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422633206.601427.jpgthis is the pic i showed them that i wanted

Those lighter bits are really fine, they should have been able to do that no problem :/ definatley go back x

Im back in the morning, lets see how round 2 goes!

I hope you get it fixed, that's nothing like what u asked for

I think you need to ask to speak to the manager. The stylist doing that colour obviously doesn't know what they are doing. It's not necessarily their fault though, but hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can fix it for you x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

How did it go?? Did they re do it for you? x

Judging by your pics, the stylist doesn't have a clue how to do Balayage.

It's tricky when you have to pay other hairdressers to do your hair. After a particularly disastrous cut, I always ask lots of questions before I let them start so I can be reasonably confident they know what they're doing.

In your shoes, I'd be asking exactly how they plan to rectify it before I let them loose for a second time.

------------
A few years ago, I worked in a salon where a rather over confident but still inexperienced stylist told a client 'yes, I can do an Ombre, no problem'. He'd never done it before and thought he could wing it.

I knew it was going to end in tears when he was so disorganised just setting up his trolley so I offered to assist but no, he knows what he's doing. I watched him from across the salon forget the order he was painting on several sections and the client ended up instead of a nice fade from dark to light, she had patches of pale blonde near her roots and dark tips. :eek:
I left the salon not long after that.

Would love ombrè or balayage but literally dont know anyone who can do it correctly!

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

They went through with a darker shade at the top wich got rid of the spotty/patchy bits but my blonde has gone really ashy and looks green next to my skin, im now having to wear it up and keep washing it 😁 im gutted to be honest as it takes months for me to get time to have my hair done

Could you bleach shampoo the ends? Just to take the tinge off?

Latest posts

Back