Spotty Skin in Teenagers. Help Please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hun :green:

Can you tell us a bit more about her diet, and what she currently uses to cleanse and moisturise?
I think her diet is quite balanced. She doesn't eat alot of sweets, choccy etc because I limit her but she also has braces so has to be cautious. She has salad or 2 veg every night with her carbs and meat. Personally I don't think her choices for school lunches are brill but she has cereal and skimmed milk for brekkie with low fat yogurt. She also eats fruit and drinks loads of water.

She cleanses tones and moisturises twice daily with Virgin Vie Perfect balance although it must be said that Virgin cosmetics are not recommended on teens under 16. I think the products are fab but obviously not helping her spotty skin.

I think her diet is quite balanced. She doesn't eat alot of sweets, choccy etc because I limit her but she also has braces so has to be cautious. She has salad or 2 veg every night with her carbs and meat. Personally I don't think her choices for school lunches are brill but she has cereal and skimmed milk for brekkie with low fat yogurt. She also eats fruit and drinks loads of water.

She cleanses tones and moisturises twice daily with Virgin Vie Perfect balance although it must be said that Virgin cosmetics are not recommended on teens under 16. I think the products are fab but obviously not helping her spotty skin.

There's been quite lot said already about skincare on this thread....the main pointers being keep it simple, after all she has very young skin which is obviously aggravated and acne-striken at the minute!

As for diet, it sounds like what she's eating is healthy, but maybe just a little more variety would help....foods like avocado are excellent for the skin, also olive oil and perhaps an Evening Primrose supplement could help? Does she eat a lot of fruit? Fruits like pineapple, berries (all of 'em!) and apples (excellent fibre source) would be good for skin like hers. On the subject of fibre, make sure she's getting plenty of the stuff because a sluggish digestion will show up with negative effects on the skin!

Do hope some of the info given on here works for you Mrs C! :green:

Latest posts

Back