Spray gun substitute

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam@tonic

Reaction score
Hey everyone
So, bit of a long winded post coming....
I'm getting married next year in Ibiza and have a whole host of people coming to the wedding (including myself and other half) who want spray tans the day before the wedding. I'm pretty fussy with my spray tan (i use sunescape in the salon and LOVE it), and so do most of the people wanting a spray tan before the wedding. We are all going to be in Ibiza at least a week before the wedding so no point in having one before we go.
I've been looking at the lightest, most portable spray units to buy to take in my suitcase so I can do a morning of sprays for everyone the day before the wedding. I use the rapid tanning machine (which i hate but am perservering with, in the salon) but those who have used this know this machine is not portable.
So, whilst looking at machines like the maximist lite plus and the aura elite compact, i realised that they were both made by a company called Wagner. Doing some more research, i came across the wagner spray paint machine site, and found these......
https://www.wagnerspraytech.com/products/paint-sprayers/opti-stain-plus-sprayer/
Now, i know these are meant for paint....but they look so portable, does anyone see any reason why i couldnt use it for spray tan? It would literally be for myself and friends and family, obviously not for salon use.
If you're still reading this, then thanks in advance for your help.

Sam x

on paint sprayers they have a thicker mm on the needle so the spray wont be as fine which could cause runs. I have a maxi mist light plus and its a really small compact machine and gives off a lovely spray xx

on paint sprayers they have a thicker mm on the needle so the spray wont be as fine which could cause runs. I have a maxi mist light plus and its a really small compact machine and gives off a lovely spray xx

Ah ok, I didn't realise that. Thanks for your help Donnamich, the maxi mist does look good I'm just not sure if still baulky to take with me in my suitcase?
Sam x

Ah ok, I didn't realise that. Thanks for your help Donnamich, the maxi mist does look good I'm just not sure if still baulky to take with me in my suitcase?
Sam x
This is it next to a small bottle of lucozade. Its one of the smallest machines there is i think xx

Attachments

• IMG_20170609_122550_238.jpg
    IMG_20170609_122550_238.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 24
This is it next to a small bottle of lucozade. Its one of the smallest machines there is i think xx

Oooooh this looks good! I could probably do with a back up machine in the salon anyway so might order one of these and do a test run in the suitcase.

Thanks so much

X

You'll probably end up using the maximist gun all the time in the salon. I've got the SprayMate one and it's really small & light.

Hi Sam. The best thing to do is shop around as these machines are on the market with most tanning company's and they may be cheaper than there site. Ours come with a 12 month guarantee and all you will need to spray all your guests and yourself. Best of luck for your big day :)

Latest posts

Back