Spray tan a 16 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched previous threads but they all seem to relate to UNDER 16's.

Someone has just asked me to spray her and a couple of friends, all 16 year old. I know it is ok to spray them at this age but have a few concerns:

1. should I ask for parental consent? If so, do you think if I emailed them a consent form & they printed it off, got it signed and bought it with them to the girls house that would be ok?

2. Should the parent be present, or just 1 adult be present, or does it not matter?

3. Should I say they must not go topless (unless they have someone in the room with them)?

4. Anything else I should be concerned about/consider?

If they were under 16 then I would do all the above things, although I have never had to spray anyone this young before. But because they are 16 I dont know if I need to be this careful or not?

What do you all think? I have replied to her already to say the date she wants is fine, so if there are any issues I need to iron out then I need to do it asap.

Thank you

Hi
We spray tan junior ball room dancers in our salon the youngest is 12yrs. As long as a parent comes along we are happy to give the service. The girls are given the option to have mum in the room with them if they want.
Hope this is helpful
xx

Iv got lots of 16 year olds booked in next week as its our prom week, I don't ask for parents to be present at this age, unless they want them there, topless is their choice I just get them to consider how their dress sits as they will not want white lines :) most of them have been booked in by their parents and have been for patch tests :)

Hi
We spray tan junior ball room dancers in our salon the youngest is 12yrs. As long as a parent comes along we are happy to give the service. The girls are given the option to have mum in the room with them if they want.
Hope this is helpful
xx
If you are treating under 16's you must have a chaperone present at all times, it not only protects the therapist but also the child x

16 year olds are adults in the eyes of the law, they do not need parental consent for anything other than marriage to the best of my knowledge x

16 year olds are adults in the eyes of the law, they do not need parental consent for anything other than marriage to the best of my knowledge x

I wondered if they need to have an adult sign a consent form because legally you can't sign a contract until you are 18? Not sure on this one, just something I read.

I think just to save myself from having an angry parent on my back i will get them to sign a consent form just in case. Does everyone think that if I email it over and ask them to bring it with them that will be ok?

Hi, I have searched previous threads but they all seem to relate to UNDER 16's.

Someone has just asked me to spray her and a couple of friends, all 16 year old. I know it is ok to spray them at this age but have a few concerns:

1. should I ask for parental consent? If so, do you think if I emailed them a consent form & they printed it off, got it signed and bought it with them to the girls house that would be ok?

2. Should the parent be present, or just 1 adult be present, or does it not matter?

3. Should I say they must not go topless (unless they have someone in the room with them)?

4. Anything else I should be concerned about/consider?

If they were under 16 then I would do all the above things, although I have never had to spray anyone this young before. But because they are 16 I dont know if I need to be this careful or not?

What do you all think? I have replied to her already to say the date she wants is fine, so if there are any issues I need to iron out then I need to do it asap.

Thank you

some good advice for you here but it is also worthwhile checking with your insurance company to see
1) if you are covered
2) what there criteria is in terms of there cover
HTH

some good advice for you here but it is also worthwhile checking with your insurance company to see
1) if you are covered
2) what there criteria is in terms of there cover
HTH

Thanks, why do I not think to do this straight away?!! Lol I just called and they said parental consent is fine, they don't have to be present tho.

Thanks everyone x

Thanks, why do I not think to do this straight away?!! Lol I just called and they said parental consent is fine, they don't have to be present tho.

Thanks everyone x

Glad to be of some help
Sometimes the obviouse can easily be overlooked :eek::lol::wink2::hug:

Latest posts

Back