Spray tan and aromatherapy oils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny71

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I wonder if anyone who does spray tan can help? Is it normal for aromatherapy oils to remove spray tan? I had a client at a pamper party with spray tan on and by the time I had finished doing her a back massage with Aroma oil it was blotchy, patchy and a bit bitty as well. Am thinking if this is the case I need to double check whether customers have spray tan on before I do any massages.
Thanks

I dont do spray tanning but essential oils are very strong some can take varnish off wood if used neat so even diluted they may cause tan problems

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

When you have a spray tan you are advised to avoid any products with oils in (that is if they are given any aftercare advice, as it appears many places don't give aftercare advice).

This is because the oil can cause it to go blotchy, so yes if they have a tan any oils used for massage (even just a base oil) would most likely leave them with a patchy tan.

If you search for tan removal methods you will see a lot of people advise lathering baby oil on and then scrubbing/exfoliating the skin :wink2:

Latest posts

Back