Spray tan and radiotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Does anyone know much about this subject? Just had a client on who has just finished radiotherapy after a tumour was removed from her knee. Is it safe to spray tan so soon after? Are there any contra indications? Any advice would be really helpful, thanks Geeks x

Does anyone know much about this subject? Just had a client on who has just finished radiotherapy after a tumour was removed from her knee. Is it safe to spray tan so soon after? Are there any contra indications? Any advice would be really helpful, thanks Geeks x

Firstly congratulations to your client and I hope she is making a full recovery from this terrible disease :hug:

mmmmmmmm difficult one and best act on side of caution and get her to check with her doctor before anything

I'm sure all will be fine except for the issue of the tumor removal itself which presumably required surgery

if so then there is a wound to the skin...certainly do not apply a spray tan if the skin is broken,inflamed or that the scab hasn't healed fully
In so far as the outcome of the tan itself is concerned this should be fine given her treatment but advisable to perhaps notify her that there could well be the slight chance that the tan may develop oddly...im confident it should be OK but well worth making this observation
HTH and good luck :hug:

Firstly congratulations to your client and I hope she is making a full recovery from this terrible disease :hug:

mmmmmmmm difficult one and best act on side of caution and get her to check with her doctor before anything

I'm sure all will be fine except for the issue of the tumor removal itself which presumably required surgery

if so then there is a wound to the skin...certainly do not apply a spray tan if the skin is broken,inflamed or that the scab hasn't healed fully
In so far as the outcome of the tan itself is concerned this should be fine given her treatment but advisable to perhaps notify her that there could well be the slight chance that the tan may develop oddly...im confident it should be OK but well worth making this observation
HTH and good luck :hug:

Thank you so much Collin, yes she has had surgery and she said the wound had healed so I will go ahead and hope for the best :)

Thank you so much Collin, yes she has had surgery and she said the wound had healed so I will go ahead and hope for the best :)
just check the wound is fully healed before application
Good luck:hug:

Latest posts

Back