spray tan before holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Can you have a spray tan before you go on holiday? Will the pool or sun make it fade patchy? Can you still tan through a spray tan?

I use Sienna x if anyone was wondering. Thanks for any advice. x

Yes you can. The sea or pool etc should not have any effect, but oils in sun creams can help lift the tan.

Fake tan companies sell aftercare so the client can top up the tan themselves or moisturisers to help pro long the tan.

If the clients going to sunbathe etc on holiday, then the tan she gets will come through as the fake tan exfoliates off. Just remind your client she still needs to use a minimum SPF15 as the fake tan will not give any protection from burning.

Kate x

you can definitely get a sun tan even with spray tan on, i sat in the garden on saturday (had spray tan on) and you could see my bikini lines that eve.

As for going in the pool i would say yes it wouldn't last as long, same if you sweat a lot if you go to the gym etc, i find mine goes patchy then ( i go the gym 3 nights a week) and sweating does seem to speed the process of it coming off. so i just exfoliate and start again.

Chlorinated water affects fake tan.

hth

becki xxx

so does salt water! i'd say try to avoid it or you will fade faster

I ALWAYS GET A SPRAY TAN DONE BEFORE I GO ON HOLIDAY AS I HATE THAT LOOK OF THE NEW WHITE PEOPLE :lol: I ONLY GET A LIGHT SPRAY THOUGH AS TANS GO PATCHY QUICKER WITH BEING IN THE POOL & THE SEA & BECAUSE ITS SO HOT YOUR SWEATING ALOT MORE.

Latest posts

Back