Spray tan before tattoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie ree

Reaction score
Hello, I know from client cards I can't spray if the client has an open would or recent body piercing or tattoos. However I have a lady who wants a tan tomorrow but has a tattoo booked for Wednesday afternoon. Can I still spray her? Thank you

Tattooist will want to remove all tan in the area where she is having the tattoo xx

She can have the tattoo, but the tan will be removed before the tattoo. So she will end up with patches after. x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

hey geeks, im having my first tattoo on saturday, i have planned to spray tan myself thursday evening giving me all day friday and most of saturday with the tan, does it actually cause concern for any possible infection? Is it best to maybe just spray my arms and legs and leave my middle? im having one on the side. Im having a weekend away down there so wanna look tanned ideally lol

It should be fine to have tan on, tattooist will just remove tan on area getting done which will leave it patchy or you can just leave that area free from tan it shouldn't cause infection either, mines never got infected I just left tan of after until tattoo was healed :)

My ex was a tattooist and I've had a tattoo with a spray tan on! All was fine for me :)

Cool thanks! Can't decide wether to have it going straight across my ribs or on an diagonal angel going downwards from side of breast....any thoughts just out if interest... :).

Lol I've got some Arabic writing there and mine goes diagonally under my breast, eventually as I add more to it, it's going to go all the way down in line with the ribs!

I wouldn't want to tattoo anyone with spray tan especially if fresh, don't have the area sprayed.

Oh...ok well just to be safe ill just spray around that area then, this tattooist will be in for a laugh, two tone lol

Aw sounds cool! Do you have a picture? I have only found one on google that I really like the position and angle of, the others don't really look right, also how big is your writing? I want something small but not small it's almost invisible

Ill take a pic tomorrow for you :)

Oh...ok well just to be safe ill just spray around that area then, this tattooist will be in for a laugh, two tone lol

Aw sounds cool! Do you have a picture? I have only found one on google that I really like the position and angle of, the others don't really look right, also how big is your writing? I want something small but not small it's almost invisible

Well if in doubt ask him/her, but clear skin with nothing on it would be my personal choice. hope you enjoy it! And don't forget to post us a picture :) x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1377159662.611418.jpg this is mine

Aw thanks for your pic that's gorgeous!!! Oh I'm not sure now what to have, really like the angle on yours tho, ill see what the tattooist says as well....I'm getting nervous now tho. Having it at 3.30 today and its my first and I know it's goin to hurt...eeekkkk!

Aw thanks for your pic that's gorgeous!!! Oh I'm not sure now what to have, really like the angle on yours tho, ill see what the tattooist says as well....I'm getting nervous now tho. Having it at 3.30 today and its my first and I know it's goin to hurt...eeekkkk!

You'll be fine! The adrenalin kicks in soon enough. x

I was fine!!! I've finally got my first tattoo yay!!! It only hurt a bit on a couple bits but generally I was surprised how little it hurt!! Ill get a pic up in a sec.

Just wondered do I just apply cream today and put the cling film back over or do I need to put some water over it again to get rid of any scan or residue? I can't remember what the tattooist said lol thinking just cream and cling film gin today no water?

I was fine!!! I've finally got my first tattoo yay!!! It only hurt a bit on a couple bits but generally I was surprised how little it hurt!! Ill get a pic up in a sec.

Just wondered do I just apply cream today and put the cling film back over or do I need to put some water over it again to get rid of any scan or residue? I can't remember what the tattooist said lol thinking just cream and cling film gin today no water?

I am very pleased for you! Can't wait to see pic. With regard to aftercare I am hesitant to offer any advice, every tattooist has there own advice for aftercare. You need to contact them and ask them. Don't guess it either, the after care is so important lovely!! xx

Haha thanks! Aw ok that's understandable, I just can't remember what he said! Haha I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything abut bathing it today so ill just apply my cream, I can't call them cuz their closed today :( I'm sure just the cream will be fine. Yeah photo to follow shortly!!! :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1377430526.092997.jpg
This picture really does not do it justice!! Plus I've just put the cream on, ill try get a better one later :) but it looks amazing to me, perfect :)

<3 well done!!!

Latest posts

Back