Spray tan client tomorrow need advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I've just done my course with nouvatan and at the minute I only have 10% solution as it came with my kit. I have a lady booked in tomorrow morning and shes going to a wedding on Saturday. She's said she is very pale and judging by her pictures on Facebook I think she would need an 8%. To cut a long story short, I ordered the 8% and expected it either yesterday or today but it hasn't come! What do I do? Do I explain to her and try and get her to change her appointment to Friday and hope it will come tomorrow or just go and do a 10%? I don't want to let her down but I don't want the 10% to be too dark! X

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

If she is as fair as you say I wold not use 10%. I have trialed Nouvatan and loved it but defo dark than Sienna X so a lower % would be advisable, in my opinion. :biggrin:

I've just done my course with nouvatan and at the minute I only have 10% solution as it came with my kit. I have a lady booked in tomorrow morning and shes going to a wedding on Saturday. She's said she is very pale and judging by her pictures on Facebook I think she would need an 8%. To cut a long story short, I ordered the 8% and expected it either yesterday or today but it hasn't come! What do I do? Do I explain to her and try and get her to change her appointment to Friday and hope it will come tomorrow or just go and do a 10%? I don't want to let her down but I don't want the 10% to be too dark! X

If she is very pale and given that you are a newbie and likely to apply more solution than is normal I would not recommend that you apply the 10%

With more experience and usage it is possible to get away with simply by applying less solution or that even given the clients skin type she may well react well to the higher percentage application (some do)however in this case I would steer clear as you most certainly don't want any mishaps at this early stage to dent your confidence

Just as a footnote ..given you have only just qualified it might be a tad early for you to be undertaking paid for treatments.. its usual to spend a few weeks treating family and friends just to give you some initial hands on experience and to enable you to iron out any difficulties you may face without it causing problems with paying customers. . which if you are not careful could damage your reputation before you start

There is still time yet as most curriers operate up to 5 pm so hopefully the 8% will arrive in time

HTH and good luck with your new venture

If she is very pale and given that you are a newbie and likely to apply more solution than is normal I would not recommend that you apply the 10%

With more experience and usage it is possible to get away with simply by applying less solution or that even given the clients skin type she may well react well to the higher percentage application (some do)however in this case I would steer clear as you most certainly don't want any mishaps at this early stage to dent your confidence

Just as a footnote ..given you have only just qualified it might be a tad early for you to be undertaking paid for treatments.. its usual to spend a few weeks treating family and friends just to give you some initial hands on experience and to enable you to iron out any difficulties you may face without it causing problems with paying customers. . which if you are not careful could damage your reputation before you start

There is still time yet as most curriers operate up to 5 pm so hopefully the 8% will arrive in time

HTH and good luck with your new venture

Thanks for your advice, if it doesn't come today I will ask her to change her appointment. I know I should only be practising first but I don't have any friends or family nearby however I am charging half price (£10) until I feel a bit more confident.

Thanks for your advice, if it doesn't come today I will ask her to change her appointment. I know I should only be practising first but I don't have any friends or family nearby however I am charging half price (£10) until I feel a bit more confident.

sounds very fair...do make sure you make it clear that you are offering this discount due to the fact you are still undergoing an extension of your initial training

good luck with things x

Hi Colin, could she not moisturize her first as in Au' tanning? I am not knowledgeable enough to advise.

Hi Colin, could she not moisturize her first as in Au' tanning? I am not knowledgeable enough to advise.

How do you mean Mick ?

I just did a course in London and it touched on Au' tanning and Bridal tanning and the trainer said to apply moisturiser just before tanning to make sure the solution isnt absorbed totally thus leaving a glow and not to deep a colour. As I say she barely touched the subject so I am not in a position to suggest it. Maybe its a load of rubbish, you sure get told a lot that is......

I just did a course in London and it touched on Au' tanning and Bridal tanning and the trainer said to apply moisturiser just before tanning to make sure the solution isnt absorbed totally thus leaving a glow and not to deep a colour. As I say she barely touched the subject so I am not in a position to suggest it. Maybe its a load of rubbish, you sure get told a lot that is......

ahhh

sorry im not familiar with this specific procedure however it doesn't quiet make any sense given that the application of a moisturiser prior to a spray tan application will effect a barrier and therefore block fully or partially the DHA entering the skin so it can do its work ????

There are quiet a few brands out there that promote specific Bridal tan formulations which tend to be relatively low DHA levels of between 5-9% and require no application of any form of barrier cream other than to protect specific areas of the body. .hands , soles of feet ,knees, elbows etc

Are you sure the trainer in question wasn't referring to these areas and not the whole body ????

Sorry....that's the best I can offer ...maybe someone else could be better qualified to pass comment on this particular subject matter

Hi, no she said all over so it does work as a partial barrier, so porceline skined people just look very slightly tanned, and same for brides. As mentioned though that was not the course and was barely touched upon. Doing a further course next month so will know then. Anyways, good luck to the poster and as always Colin, cheers.

Hi Becca just checked on our system for your order as we pay Inter link for next day delivery and i wasn't a happy bunny reading this It was a sample size 8% you ordered they go second class by royal mail it does say on the web shop 2 day delivery on samples. our advice would be not to use 10% on a first time tanner or don't do the face let the make up do the face HTH

What about applying the 10% buy not leaving it on for the full development time??? Just like using the 20% rapid tan??? Xxx

Latest posts

Back