Spray tan client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theglamourist

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is a total rant but I feel like I need to vent it!
I gave a new customer a 14% spray tan with DHA this morning in the salon I work in and gave her all the usual advice and advised her not to shower for at least 8 hours, she asked again before she left and again I told her 8 hours. Just as I'd finished spraying her she'd told me when she usually gets a spray tan they go speckled or streaky.
Anyway, she rang around 2 hours later to tell us her spray tan hasn't worked, she hasn't changed colour at all and just looked the same (it could see the guide colour on her before she left), my colleague spoke to her and asked her to come in so we could have a look, around an hour later she called back to say she has a very faint line where her disposables were but her legs were the same colour as when she walked in. She was again asked to come in and this time my colleague offered a refund if the customer wasn't happy and we found fault with my work. She didn't show up. I'm just a bit baffled really because I haven't been able to see what could have went wrong and this is the first time I've had a complaint when I've done a spray tan, usually everyone loves them!

Also I'm setting up a mobile business soon what solutions would everyone recommend me to use, what seems to be the most popular for mobile therapists?
Thanks in advance :)

I'm baffled as to why she's even rang only 2 hours after being sprayed? If the tan your using takes around 8 hours to develop, of course u can't tell any difference 2 hours in?

I use St Tropez, and absolutely love it! Worth a look into x

You did everything correct and advised the customer of the before/aftercare procedure which she probably has not followed and even offered a refund. You cant please everyone in this world, the fact she did not even bother to come in well just forget and move on :) You have also done spray tans in the past and had good feedback so you are dong things right.

Everyone has their own preference regarding spray tanning solutions so call a few suppliers get some samples and see what works best for you. Our best sellers are the Organics, Tandare and Tantrick range. You can read feedback regarding these solutions on Salon Geek. Brown Bitz and Fresh Indulgence are also winning solutions.

Don't let this customer affect you

Happy Tanning :)

Latest posts

Back