spray tan course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Could anyone advise me on somewhere in West Yorkshire to do a spray tanning course, and which is best, eg. St Tropez, Solglo etc.

Thanks xxx

Could anyone advise me on somewhere in West Yorkshire to do a spray tanning course, and which is best, eg. St Tropez, Solglo etc.

Thanks xxx

Hi carrie!

firstly me personally would go wih st tropez as apprently the lotion does smell not so good.

I trained with couture if you go onto their website
Couture - tanning solutions and tan equipment

Or sienna-x do training :: Sienna X ::
If you ring them up tell them where your based they will get someone to come out to train you,as they have trainers in every area xx
hths x

Thanks xxx

Hi Carrie
I do training for Tantrick in your area, pm me if you are interested :hug:

If you do a search on Tantrick on here, you will find how many people find it a fabulous product and is definately 'up there' on the market with one of the best colour and wearability of tanning solution.

:)

Absolutely TanTrick its a truly fantastic product!!!! The salon I worked in used Couture and I have to say I was not overly impressed but then it would have taken an awful lot to sway me into swapping from Tantrick!!!!!

hth
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I was trained by Jen who actually came to my house to do my training, thanx Jen. Never looked back with Tantrick it's fab and all my clients love it.:):)

I was trained by Jen who actually came to my house to do my training, thanx Jen. Never looked back with Tantrick it's fab and all my clients love it.:):)

Oh thanks for the positive comments Caroline.. you made the training a pleasure and very easy for me. :hug:

Hi carrie!

firstly me personally would go wih st tropez as apprently the lotion does smell not so good.

I trained with couture if you go onto their website
Couture - tanning solutions and tan equipment

Or sienna-x do training :: Sienna X ::
If you ring them up tell them where your based they will get someone to come out to train you,as they have trainers in every area xx
hths x

Rebekah, are you suggesting yes or no to St. Tropez, I can't quite work out whether your recommending them or not? :confused:

They were personally top of my list, just deliberating whether I can fork out cost, i'm sure the name alone will bring in clients.

J

Rebekah, are you suggesting yes or no to St. Tropez, I can't quite work out whether your recommending them or not? :confused:

They were personally top of my list, just deliberating whether I can fork out cost, i'm sure the name alone will bring in clients.

J
this is not necessarily true as st tropez can be bought in most chemists now a days so the general public tend to buy and apply them selves

this is not necessarily true as st tropez can be bought in most chemists now a days so the general public tend to buy and apply them selves

Hadn't thought of that! Who would you recommend?

I've been using the new Celebrity Secrets range this week and I'm loving it like a fat kid loves cake.

The guide colour is fabulous and it applies beautifully. Very reasonably priced and some great retail items, again reasonably priced, including a tan extender which contains approx 3% DHA......compares with the price of Johnsons Holiday Skin etc but much better quality.....no orange effect!

The spray solutions contain moisturizers and vitamins to nourish the skin and counter the effects of the DHA drying the skin, no alcohol (also drying to the skin)...6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16% DHA solutions available. Doesn't contain any parabens either.

Get a sample and try it.....I've tried most solutions on the market and this one applies the best and has a gorgeous colour and a fruity fragrance.....me and my colleague were so excited as to how well it applies....sad eh!!!

Thanks xxx
Of course I know which one is clearly the best out there ..so much so I bought the company..thats my confidence in our brand :lol: however your best course of action is to ring around all the variouse suppliers out there ...ask for samples to be sent out to you and try them out for yourself as everyone has their own opinion of which brand they like...whilst the outcome of the tan is most important you should also consider Training as well as what after sales support that you will get from the brand you have chosen.
This is an important descision for you to make so make sure you research things fully...good luck with your search.
Best regards
Collin

Of course I know which one is clearly the best out there ..so much so I bought the company..thats my confidence in our brand :lol:
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but I just had to say that you reminded me of the Remington advert then Collin :lol:

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but I just had to say that you reminded me of the Remington advert then Collin :lol:
he he he your right there ,it did cross my mind when I was typing it :lol: showing our age if we can remember that advert hey??good old days ;0))..maybe we will just have to use that slogan in our general advertising from now on

J

Would not recommend St.tropez, that was a typing error.

Very true what the other lady said as i bought a bottle from boots applied myself. With couture,tantrick etc you cant get it in a bottle

I've been using the new Celebrity Secrets range this week and I'm loving it like a fat kid loves cake.

The guide colour is fabulous and it applies beautifully. Very reasonably priced and some great retail items, again reasonably priced, including a tan extender which contains approx 3% DHA......compares with the price of Johnsons Holiday Skin etc but much better quality.....no orange effect!

The spray solutions contain moisturizers and vitamins to nourish the skin and counter the effects of the DHA drying the skin, no alcohol (also drying to the skin)...6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16% DHA solutions available. Doesn't contain any parabens either.

Get a sample and try it.....I've tried most solutions on the market and this one applies the best and has a gorgeous colour and a fruity fragrance.....me and my colleague were so excited as to how well it applies....sad eh!!!
I can 2nd this Cathie, I have had a fair few sprays with Celebrity Secrets and their tans are fab!
I love Tantrick aswell though!

Speaking from somebody who can only tell you my opinion as a client not a spray tanner, I hated St.Tropez, it stunk, it made me orange and streaky.

x:hug:x

this is a very intresting observation..on the face of it yes a manufacturer selling retail items in say Boots could apear to be treading on your toes..however it could just be the opposite.If we look at the market over the last 5 years starting with UV tanning which acounted for say 100% of people wanting a tan...with skin cancer scares (probably fueld by the cosmetic industry) we saw a dramatic decline in UV tanning and a steep growth in spray applied tans..so much so that we recon now that UV tanning only accounts for around 25% of those people wating a tan.
We saw a huge inflow of companies all selling spray tans liquids to feed the demand that was growing year on year...opps then along came the big cosmetic manufacturers who also noticed the new trend and placed into general retail cheap "do it at home creams"(Johnson's holiday sun etc)
This saw a shift away from people going into the salon for a tan as they thought they could "do it cheaper" at home and concequentially we did see a reduction in liquid sales for a time.
Well once Mary smith had tried to self apply her tan from a product she bought at Boots and made a complete mess of things she quickly started to return to the salon for a proper tan and concequentially we are seeing liquid sales generally on the rise again..whilst this may be due to a number of the start up liquid suppliers going bust and therefore giving those remaining additional sales I do believe that the upturn is genrally directly related to customers returning to have a professionally applied tan in the salon rather than making a complete mess of things at home...good news for us all.
in so far as St tropez selling retail items in boots is concerned I do feel this doesnt really effect our revenue stream ..in fact if we look on the upside lots people who maybe wouldnt have come into the salon may buy this item in their local chemist get into the tanned look and then start comming into the salons for that professionally applied tan.
To be fair to St Tropez thay are doing nothing diferent to the rest of us manufacturers..we all produce retail items however due to our limited distribution channels our sales are restricted to supplying you proffesional guys...St tropez on the other hand have been very succesfull with their brand and in conciquence the big retailers want to stock their brand..I say well done st tropez.
In conclusion I therefore do feel that retailed spraytan products can only increase our revenue in the longer term within the proffesional spraytan market as more and more people are made aware of the posative benifits of a spray tan who subsequently make their way into the hands of you guys.
Hoping i havent bored the pants off you guys and that my views are relevent to the thread :)

Latest posts

Back