Spray tan dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstyGib

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased the HLVP maximist xl machine hoping to do mobile spray tanning. I am not qualified yet though have been shown by an experienced friend. Practised on two friends whilst she guided me and tans turned out fine. Though yesterday I tried to do it alone on another friend and found that whilst spraying her, the solution was dripping terribly down her skin, why could this be? I have 4 clients next week and have only two more trials arranged for this week so I need to perfect it, any help plz??? :):)

Sounds like your spraying too close or your gun is turned up too much!
Not sure you should be doing 'clients' though Hun if you aren't qualified as you won't be able to get insurance & what if something goes wrong???

I would definitely recommend you get some proper training from a reputable company and ensure that the certificate you receive is recognised by Insurance companies as you need insurance to be carrying out any treatments on people.
I don't want to dampen your parade but I think you need to approach this the proper way before working on paying clients. You need to understand contraindications as well as proper working technique and personally speaking I did at least 20 tans after training to perfect my technique before working on any paying clients. Even now after doing loads of tans I still continually look on here for tips and hints as learning is not something that stops. Nor can you learn by a friend showing you...if this is something you are serious about as a business then doing things properly will only serve you better for the future.
:hug:

Please go get training!

I spent a lot of money training and buying the right kit. So I don't think it fair that someone can come her and ask questions to people who spent time and money learning the right way. This is a professional site.

You will not be insured and you won't know what you are doing so you shouldnt tan anyone at all. What if it goes wrong or they have a reaction? There is more to tanning than just tanning, you need to know about skin conditions and much more so go get training!

I agree with the advice you have been given so far, what happens if someone has a bad allergic reaction, or their asthma plays up or they leave their contacts in etc etc. There is a ton of information you would not have been told, or taught how to deal with contraindications without training. What about health and safety, hygeine and all the rest. Would your "clients " be happy if they really knew that you were just "having a go?" No insurance company would cover you without a valid qualification either.

Training is really not that expensive for tanning and only takes a day at the most. I can understand that it is difficult to wait when you are excited to get started but what on earth would you do if someone decided to sue you for damage to her clothes for instance, or heaven forbid anaphylactic shock !!!

Please be careful hon, there are so many self taught people out there now making it difficult for the real professionals and customers are becoming much smarter and eager to sue for any little thing that might go wrong.

Less than £100 and one day out of your busy schedule isn't much to ask if you are truly committed to being a Tannng Professional.

It is my most favorite treatment and after nearly 20 years in the industry I can honestly say that I still love it so good luck and get yourself trained and insured.

I agree with the advice given on here, training isn't expensive and takes a day at the most. You MUST have insurance, its simply not acceptable for you to go around 'spraying' people when you have no training in technique, the solution you are using and any contraindications.

Please feel free to look around on this site for advice on which company to train with, personally i trained with Nouvatan and their training was fantastic :)

Even if something doesnt go wrong when spraying your client, what if you tip over a bottle of tan at their house and ruin their carpet...?? It cost me £50 per year for my insurance, but you do need accredited training for it to be valid. Its sooooo important!!!

Get training. Sienna x and sunless training are good, and their certificates will mean your insurance will cover you, at least I know standard professional beauty insurance will, and I think most other packages will. You cannot do treatments on clients without being trained and insured. Training will cost around £90-110

You can get training for a lot less than £90 if you look, training should be with a reputable company but it doesn't need to be a big name brand, whoever you choose to train with just ensure their certificate is accredited and that it will ensure you to get insurance.

Please please please get some accredited training for the sake of the people you will be spray tanning,your sake,the sake of the industry as a whole and of course from an insurance cover perspective :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back