Spray tan disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misstapscott

Reaction score
Another spray tan post 🙈 ive tribe my training a week ago and been practising loads but I just can't seem to get people arms right! Everywhere else is perfect but I keep missing bits on the arms, im spray twice and still manage to miss bits. It really knocking my confidence has anyone got any tips? Xx

It's just practice...... I spray down the back of the arms when I'm doing back, then side of arms when they are side on, then arm in air and spray down through wrist, underarm,side of body down to knickerline. Then I get them to keep arm in air whilst I do other side so that u don't get an armpit line. Then I spray front of arms when doing front of body and by that time most of arm is covered anyway. Then just get them to turn wrists up to check all covered. Sorry if that all sounds a bit confusing! Lol I also don't really spray hands and give wrists a quick buff over with bit of couch roll as personally I think the hands are always a tan give away and I hate them looking orange!! X

I do front of arms then get them to turn arms wrist up then do sides and back when all done turn them back to the front and get them to put there arms up as if they were showing me there muscles and you have enough light to see if everywhere is covered. If you're spraying your guide colour should show you where you have already sprayed and if you're still missing bits after twice you're probably being a little careless and probably not got enough light on the job.

Practice makes perfect check the arms thoroughly before leaving and don't over spray as this is when hands and wrists have tanning disasters x

Thankyou! I did one which was perfect last night but I had really good lighting, the one I did where the arms were bad wasn't good lighting, it was a small room and the tent covered most of the window, I just wanted to see if there was anything obvious I was doing wrong. I've done about 8 tans and ive had 2 which arms Havnt been great (one said that there was just a small bit under his armpit which he could barely notice) but I just want them to be perfect, do you use a clip on light? I Havnt got one but I'm going to get one. Xx

Yes definitely get a light it really helps! X

Thankyou! Apart from the 2 all my others have been fine it's just really knocked my confidence x

Everyone has wobbles its perfectly normal and shows you care about your service. If light is bad I sometimes get client to step out of tent and do a slow twirl so I can check all covered. You will be fine keep going �� x

Latest posts

Back