Spray tan extractor fan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackxs

Reaction score
Does anyone use a wall mounted extractor fan that extracts the air to outside? Rather than a standard mobile extractor fan? I'm building my home salon at the minute and just wondering where you would position it on the wall? And how powerful (extraction rate) it should be? Was thinking something like this one below? Any help would be great, thank you. IMG-20200921-WA0000.jpg

Hi, If you extract anything other than air outside you would probably be breaking the law. You cannot extract pollutants into the environment and in any event anything or anyone passing your vent would be covered in spray tanning solution.

I should have been more clear. It will be filtered! I will box the fan into the wall with filters that can be replaced. This will be neater and can also be wired to come on with the lights in the room and stay on for a timed amount of time. Do you know what the extraction rate should be? I assume low to the floor would be the best position.

Hi, I am not trying to be unhelpful but the extraction rate depends on the quality and depth of the filters. If you extract to strongly and/or the filters are not sufficient the the fan will pull the solution through the filters and out into the environment. Where you place the fan is not that important because it will eventually drop to the floor and you can capture the solution at any height. I am presuming you are not using a tent or anything similar and in that case you will need a fan powerful enough to pull solution from all parts of your room or you will still be cleaning it up. It seems a lot of expense to make a hole, plus wiring, plus correct filters etc when it may not work at all and there is no way of knowing until you have fitted it and done tests. There are much less expensive options on the market.

Latest posts

Back