Spray Tan - Go for the well known brand or the not so well known brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiax

Reaction score
I have narrowed it down to two brands that I love! One lesser known brand and one very well known brand. Do you think the well known brand would attract people then the lesser known brand? I really like them both & would love other geeks opinions please!

I think it depends on where you live. My clients wouldn't be able to name more than one tanning product really, they also don't care, as long as I know it's good that is good enough for them. I have changed my tanning solutions several times over the years and they have always trusted my judgement. :green:

My experience has been that the well known brand sells well with clients (so long as it is a good product) and the lesser known has been much harder.

i use a much less known brand but when clients get there tan they always come back :) x

I use LA tan - not many lay people would have heard of it as its not one of the famous name brands but I get great, consistent results, people return time and time again and also recommend their friends.

As I don't retail any products I am happy to use an "unknown" brand xxx

I have been spray tanning for 2 years now and I can honestly say that I havent had one person who has actually asked me what brand I use. I always offerr the information once I have sprayed them, but I doubt they would ask, all they want is a lovely tan. but like one geek said, perhaps it is down to area. I think whatever product you go for, you need to have full confidence in your product. I have full knowledge in the product that I use wil definitley not make them orange, I know how it fades on 99% of people and can be confident when I say, it has a lovely fade off, that they will not end up calling me a liar. I am 100% committed and cofident in my spray tan solution. Im not bothered what the solution is called or how "popular" it is, all that matters is that it does the job it is intended for and I can be confident in its use. WOW *shoves soap box under settee* lol:eek:

Go for the best product! I love my tan and have full confidence in it, which makes it such an easy treatment to sell.

it depends, people either devoid they like a well known brand and will search for it wherever they go.... and these ppl you will make the money off as they stick to their face brand

or

you will attract a wide range if clients who will get a one off as it is cheaper or special offer. so my opinion is offer both and some will pay the extra to stick to the one they trust and the walk ins or one offs will keep you going with a cheap one off. x

Latest posts

Back