Spray tan going everywhere

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairbyniamh

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please recommend a good product to get rid of tan off the sides? I manage to get most of the overspray off but there’s still a little bit and it’s starting to look stained!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Off your tent? Rub washing up liquid on with a cloth, then hose down in garden. Hose the inside and outside xx

Jet washing works a treat! Brings your tent up looking brand new.. If you havnt got a jet wash, use a hose :)

Hi, no sorry I meant the overspray goes everywhere, all over my sides and the floor etc! It’s a nightmare to clean sometimes x

That's spray tanning for you I'm afraid! It seems not matter how careful you are and even if your gun is set low enough, the particles in the air settle on all surfaces of the room you use. If you are only spraying once in a while, it won't be so noticeable, but more regularly and it becomes a problem. When I had my beauty room in my house I ended up not offering spray tans to clients in the end because everything in my room started to ger stained. I now have a designated spray tan room in my new salon with a window and extractor fan and shower but I'm still aware when I open the door after a tan particles can still escape!

You could try an extractor fan though.

Yeah, luckily I don’t spray tan all the time but there are some weeks where I do have quite a few! I think it will be a bit quieter for tans now the winter is coming apart from around Christmas etc. I wouldn’t say it’s awful, I just can’t find a good product to remove the tan. I mop the floor regularly and that works well it’s just the sides! Where did you get your extractor fan from?

Yeah, luckily I don’t spray tan all the time but there are some weeks where I do have quite a few! I think it will be a bit quieter for tans now the winter is coming apart from around Christmas etc. I wouldn’t say it’s awful, I just can’t find a good product to remove the tan. I mop the floor regularly and that works well it’s just the sides! Where did you get your extractor fan from?

I found that the tan remover wipes (with the rough side) removed it off shelves, skirting, products etc, but it was quite time consuming :-(. (I actually use the wipes my husband uses at work as they come in a huge tub and work out cheaper!)

The extractor fan I use now is just a bathroom type extractor as it's on an outside wall but there's also a window. The room is only about 7' x 4' though. I didn't have an extractor fan before. X

Hi, no sorry I meant the overspray goes everywhere, all over my sides and the floor etc! It’s a nightmare to clean sometimes x
if your overspray is going everywhere ...over and above the norm then there are two possibilities to consider
1) If you don't already have it you should install some form of mist overspray extraction...for small users there are many free standing units which do the job well

2) Possibly your technique needs to be looked at ...to much overspray indicates that the gun is being held to far from the application zone ...try turning down your gun and get closer to the working zone ...take it slow and in increments until you reach the best position avoiding excessive overspray

Just out of interest ...how much solution do you use per spraytan application ?

Do you mean sides of tent or sides as in surfaces?

Latest posts

Back