Spray tan help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_piggy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anybody help me please? We did a spray tan on a client yesterday, gave her the usual advice on leaving it to develop etc. However, she washed her hair when she got home, resulting in a white stripe at the top of her forehead where the solution washed off before it had time to take.

She has a function she is attending tonight!! Clearly she doesn't want to go with a two tone face....what can I do to put this right? I am fearful that if I spray again, the tanned bit will go darker, thus still leaving a stripe at the top of lighter tan....

If all else fails, I will do camouflage makeup for her, but I thought I would ask here first....Any advice would be gratefully received.

Best wishes,
Jayne xx

I wouldnt have thought it would have gone much darker, if you spray the whole face again, as I had a similar situation with my sister, sprayed her, then she cooked, and the steam from the pan took a whole stripe of tan off on her forearm! So I just sprayed that section again, let it develop and rinsed it off - you would never have known!

Hi Hun,
I have used a large blusher brush dipped in a little bit of tanning solution on myself when hubby has sprayed me and missed a bit, blends in really well. :) But your client is the nit wit...........why of why couldn't she wait until this morning to wash her hair????:grr: :grr: Or you could lightly re spay her face and still blend with the brush. I also have the sponge tanning mit from Sun Lab, if you have one of those you can blend with that, I use that to tan myself when hubby is busy, just get him to do top of my back, then can do the rest myself. Good luck x x let us know how you get on. lotsa luv x :hug:

yes thats a good idea poshfloss! if you havent got a mitt, you could use a clean latex wedge, good luck! and yes she is the silly one! but I guess it was easier for me to yell at my sister - you cant really go around yelling at clients! lol :)

Hi,

Thank you so much for your replies....makes you feel a whole lot less alone knowing you're all out there and that alone is worth it's weight in gold.

She has just been in...it wasn't as bad as I had feared, could barely notice from a distance. I ended up retouching her face with the spray, and the line has gone. However, she is going to have her hair done this afternoon so it may yet be taken off before it has taken :rolleyes: I have given her some self tan to take away with her and some exfoliator, and have told her to come back late this afternoon if she is still unhappy and I will camouflage with make up. I just knew this would be a nightmare!!! Trouble is, it really knocks your confidence.

Thanks again for your help, I really am so grateful...

Jayne xx

Hi Hun,
Chin up.........so to speak.......not your fault. You are the professional, next time she may take some notice. Good luck, lotsa luv x

What a stoopid woman, why did she wash her hair if she was going to have it done today anyway?

Did you charge her for your time? :hug:

I would have charged her as before my clients leave I always check to make sure the body is tanned. i give aftercare leaflets, and verballly go through the paperwork with them to make sure they know what they can and cant do. when she phoned I would have said it is going to cost you £5. to redo the area. because you would have to set up the equipment, use solution, clean gun/airbrush after use using solution and warm water its all time consuming,( when you could have been doing another client) and at the end of the day if the client moans about paying to have the area redone do you really want that person back who cant even follow aftercare advise as you know they would be coming back again wanting it for free next time they mess up. whereas if you charged the £5. they would prob grumble but next time they would take more care and not get it wet. :lol: (and they do come back if they are happy with the colour)

I would have charged her as before my clients leave I always check to make sure the body is tanned. i give aftercare leaflets, and verballly go through the paperwork with them to make sure they know what they can and cant do. when she phoned I would have said it is going to cost you £5. to redo the area. because you would have to set up the equipment, use solution, clean gun/airbrush after use using solution and warm water its all time consuming,( when you could have been doing another client) and at the end of the day if the client moans about paying to have the area redone do you really want that person back who cant even follow aftercare advise as you know they would be coming back again wanting it for free next time they mess up. whereas if you charged the £5. they would prob grumble but next time they would take more care and not get it wet. :lol: (and they do come back if they are happy with the colour)

Exactly or next time she will do the same again and think it's o.k as you will fix it for free! :eek:

Latest posts

Back