Spray tan hiccups!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if people on here could share the hiccups they've had with spray tanning. i have never had a complaint from a client about spray tanning but was just curious about what you would do if a client came back and her tan was streaky or her clothes have left her skin white - what would you do here?

xxxxx

Hi

I was wondering if people on here could share the hiccups they've had with spray tanning. i have never had a complaint from a client about spray tanning but was just curious about what you would do if a client came back and her tan was streaky or her clothes have left her skin white - what would you do here?

xxxxx

I would respray the client or if she was half brown half white i would re correct the mistakes.

hths

No matter how experienced you are there will always be problems with tan outcomes from time to time.

Most problems emanate from the customer unfortunately ...those customers that don't undertake pre and post tan preparations and aftercare maintenance.

What is important as a therapist is that you remain in control of any situation that presents itself.

A customer may ring you the day after application"OMG my tan hasn't come out...or OMG im all patchy and I want a free respray"

Be professional,courteous and ask the customer to call in so you can see the extent of the claimed problem..are they simply after a free respray,maybe its their first spray tan and their expectations haven't materialised or..well many many situations will be faced by a therapist.

Trust in yourself and your skills at all times...:hug:

i would see if it was your error ie- you missed her right arm and correct this. But you have to be warry as some ppl are out there for a free ride..:rolleyes:

Well, some of my tanning has been how do I say not brilliant. I am still learning. Some of the solutions have a very short life span and I have found this affects my clients as their tan doesn't last.

I'm still having a few probs - I just hope I get better asap. xxx

The couple of problems I've had so far is with the palms going orange. In both cases I told the clients to be very careful not to touch where they have been tanned. One admitted that she had been so pleased with it that she kept touching it and had forgotten I'd said that. She worked in a hairdressers and they had a solution that they used to remove colour from skin (have no idea what it was) and she removed it with that.

im not really getting the answers i hoped for!! i know it takes a lot of practice to perfect a tan and that mistakes can happen. i wanted to know what would you do if a client came back and say she had a streak down her arm or her bra has marked her skin what do you do? just respray that area?

xxxxx

im not really getting the answers i hoped for!! i know it takes a lot of practice to perfect a tan and that mistakes can happen. i wanted to know what would you do if a client came back and say she had a streak down her arm or her bra has marked her skin what do you do? just respray that area?

xxxxx

The prob you would have if you respray that area, is if the area is only small, and you spray width on your gun is say 4" you could poss enhance the prob by makin the skin that is already tanned, darker...

If it is a really small area where the bra strap has rubbed off the tan before it has had chance to develop, you could touch it up with some solution on a cotton bud.

If it is say a large stripe down the leg, or back were you have missed, you could just respray that area, if you feel like you are gonna over lap onto already tanned skin, you could put some moisturiser or barrier cream on the area you dont want to spray...

hope this makes sense.

xx

Latest posts

Back