Spray tan - how many mls per client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
On average how many clients do you spray with a ltr bottle of tan?

I know it varies depending on client size etc but what would you say roughly is the amount of tan you use per client?

Im curious to know if im using too much and not making the most out of each bottle..

X

Around 50ml, usually less though x

50ml? I'm sure I use more than that :-/ eeek

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Should be around 50ml... Check your spray setting x

I use approx 35/40ml per tan.

I was using 50ml per tan as a newbie tanner.

If your using more than this then you need to work on your gun settings. Turn the flow of solution down and then spray a little swipe on couch roll. You are looking to get colour on the front of the couch roll but the back of the couch roll to still be dry.

I always put 50ml in and usually have some left over. I have been doing it since October and am getting better and better each client xx

After my training on monday we were taught 100ml per client!! i already knew this was too high after reading earlier comments on here xx

As a very new tanner anything up to 100ml is ok, but the aim is to get it down as low as possible as quickly as you can. Once your using around 50ml per client your doing great.

I was very lucky because on my training I quizzed my trainer about how to clean my gun & how to set it (& I insisted on stripping my gun down and setting it again & again) so I started off as a newbie using just 50ml per tan.

I then practiced & practiced my routine and as soon as I remembered my routine I had the confidence to lower my spray down a teeny bit at a time until I got my setting perfect for me and am using between 35ml & 40ml per client.

Remember that when your new you move slowly, spraying a lot of solution in the one place so you should have your gun set with very little solution coming out and then as you speed up you will need to turn your gun up a little to let more solution out.

As a very new tanner anything up to 100ml is ok, but the aim is to get it down as low as possible as quickly as you can. Once your using around 50ml per client your doing great.

I was very lucky because on my training I quizzed my trainer about how to clean my gun & how to set it (& I insisted on stripping my gun down and setting it again & again) so I started off as a newbie using just 50ml per tan.

I then practiced & practiced my routine and as soon as I remembered my routine I had the confidence to lower my spray down a teeny bit at a time until I got my setting perfect for me and am using between 35ml & 40ml per client.

Remember that when your new you move slowly, spraying a lot of solution in the one place so you should have your gun set with very little solution coming out and then as you speed up you will need to turn your gun up a little to let more solution out.

Ive been spray tanning almost 2 years now and id say I use around 70-80 ml but id like to get it down to 50ml,I am very confident with my tanning abilities but of course id like to be better and maximise profits out of each bottle. My trainer actually never taught me anything about setting up a machine! I had to learn it all myself and research on here has been great! What setting would you say is best for 50ml? 8 or 7 oclock? x

How you set your gun will depend on a few things.
What gun you have.
How fast you move when your spraying.
What solution you use.

Gun settings vary massivley, how fast you move when spraying will also have an effect on how much solution you NEED to be coming out to cover the skin with enough BUT NOT too much solution & what solution you use will also affect how you set your gun as each brand will be slighty different in how runny/thick it is.

You need to clean you gun and then put a little solution in your cup. Get a sheet of couch roll and spray a swipe of solution on to it at you normal speed (best to do this somewhere easy to clean, like in your tent or a shower, incase you get spray anywhere you don't mean to). You want to see colour on the front of the couch roll but it MUST be dry on the back. If it's wet or overly rippled then turn the gun down a bit and spray a new pice of couch roll, keep doing this until you get colour on the front but dry on the back.

When you have done the couch roll test you will be spraying out just enough solution to creat a mist, this will give you a lighter guide colour so you will need to concentrate and ensure you cover all areas of the body until you become used to this lighter guide.

Remember that a darker guide does not make a darker tan so do not be tempted to over spray the client.

Hopefully doing the couch roll test will lower your ml per tan to approx 45/50ml per tan and then from there you can adjust the gun down a teensy bit more every now & again if you feel you can to get the absolute minimum ml per client. (Remember that not applying enough solution will result in a lighter tan though so do not turn your gun down too much :wink2:).

How you set your gun will depend on a few things.
What gun you have.
How fast you move when your spraying.
What solution you use.

Gun settings vary massivley, how fast you move when spraying will also have an effect on how much solution you NEED to be coming out to cover the skin with enough BUT NOT too much solution & what solution you use will also affect how you set your gun as each brand will be slighty different in how runny/thick it is.

You need to clean you gun and then put a little solution in your cup. Get a sheet of couch roll and spray a swipe of solution on to it at you normal speed (best to do this somewhere easy to clean, like in your tent or a shower, incase you get spray anywhere you don't mean to). You want to see colour on the front of the couch roll but it MUST be dry on the back. If it's wet or overly rippled then turn the gun down a bit and spray a new pice of couch roll, keep doing this until you get colour on the front but dry on the back.

When you have done the couch roll test you will be spraying out just enough solution to creat a mist, this will give you a lighter guide colour so you will need to concentrate and ensure you cover all areas of the body until you become used to this lighter guide.

Remember that a darker guide does not make a darker tan so do not be tempted to over spray the client.

Hopefully doing the couch roll test will lower your ml per tan to approx 45/50ml per tan and then from there you can adjust the gun down a teensy bit more every now & again if you feel you can to get the absolute minimum ml per client. (Remember that not applying enough solution will result in a lighter tan though so do not turn your gun down too much :wink2:).

THANK YOU! You've been very helpful! Excited to give this a try tomorrow! :biggrin:

I did my mum on Monday and used 50ml was really pleased! Got another today so hopefully be same again xx

Latest posts

Back