Spray tan lighting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
After visiting several very dimly lit homes I've decided i need to provide my own portable lighting. What do you use & does it cause problems with shadows? x

I am having the same problems. At the moment I find natural light is so much better to spray tan in but if I have to do any in the evenings I have a clip on light which is an improvement to nothing but still not ideal. Any solutions greatly appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Snap lol! I try to put my tent under their celling light which seems to work better than the clip on lamp 😊

I use a clip on light with a daylight bulb. I always use it day or night! I clip it to top of tent door to avoid any shadows. HTH

Up until now I have never used a light. I seem to have created a knack of being able to apply spray tans in any light-some clients homes have ridiculous lighting.
But....in saying this, I have just placed an order with Suntana (love) and they sell a clip-on light very reasonably so I have purchased it anyway.
x

I use a clip on light from ikea, it was only a few quid!

I use a clip on light, but after speaking to my husband over the weekend about the problems I have in dimly lit places and my tent being too wobbly to attach the light to,(forcing me to clip to the top of the nearest door) he came up with a fabulous suggestion. He says that fluorescent lights dont throw shadows like other lights would. He is a builder and uses them for when he is plastering where he cant afford shadows affecting the final smoothness and finish of his work. Anyway, I was going to have a little look for a small striplight or a flourescent portble light and give it a try. The ones in the builders merchants are a bit pricey and look like they should be on a building site, but in the meantime I think I will try to tan in the customers kitchens as most kitchens have flourescent lights I think

I use a clip on light with a daylight bulb. I always use it day or night! I clip it to top of tent door to avoid any shadows. HTH

i use the same,definatly better off with a swirled daylight bulb in my opinion :)

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/178747-where-can-i-buy-one.html

Most tanners on here use a clip on light and a spiral daylight bulb as they don't give off shadows.

Flexible Clip Clamp On Search Light Lamp Mains 2M Extension Cable Lead UK Plug | eBay

I brought mine from ebay but I did see the clip on light in Home Bargains the other week. Hope that helps x

Thank you for your link, my light has a 60w bulb which is very bright, have just ordered my daylight bulb now, many thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I bought mine from the lovely Nouvatan folks :) don't often have to use it but if in doubt I just snap it on the top of the door bit... :)

When I was mobile I bought a fantastic clip on light from b&q it was lightweight so easily clipped on top of tent.
I have a full extraction system with lights now so my Ladies usually come to me these days with a designated driver and a bottle of vino!

Thanks for your tips - think i'll get the one off ebay x

They sell the clip on lights in asda. Cheapest by far only a couple of pound:) x

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/178747-where-can-i-buy-one.html

Most tanners on here use a clip on light and a spiral daylight bulb as they don't give off shadows.

Flexible Clip Clamp On Search Light Lamp Mains 2M Extension Cable Lead UK Plug | eBay

I brought mine from ebay but I did see the clip on light in Home Bargains the other week. Hope that helps x

Ooooo that was the link to my thread :) glad it could be of help to others too :)

Here's a photo of the clip on light and the bulb I use

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335912219.914067.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335912237.193473.jpg

I got these from Nouvatan, but the only reason I made my thread was because I wanted a second light, just in case it's ever needed, so wanted to see if I could get it cheaper, as the actual lights themselves are so cheap, I just couldn't find anywhere that sold the bulbs for the wattage I needed :) have found a few now though thanks to some lovely Geeks help! So I can now purchase a second light cheaply (although my one from Nouvatan wasn't expensive either!) to keep as a back up :) xxx

Latest posts

Back