Spray tan - lines on back help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi hope someone could give me some advice pls. I sprayed a lady last night and she has messaged this morn to say she has lines on her back look like stretch marks. She sent a pic and there are long lines but close together so not spray lines I dont think, was thinking mayb creases from clothes or bedding where she slept? I said I could re spray her back tonight, will this cover it do u think? And thought maybe with rapid tan so she can shower before bed? I am a new tanner so appreciate your help, thankyou
x

Has she showered the guide colour off yet? Usually the creases from clothes etc wash off even as it's just the guide colour that has lined not the tan itself if that makes sense. I don't know about other people but that's always been the case when I have sprayed people or had tans myself. Hope this helps! It may also depend what tan you use? Xx

Hi thank u.for your reply, yes she has showered. I use fresh indulgence. Can u upload pics from a phone on here as il post the pic but im not sure how! X

Hi thank u.for your reply, yes she has showered. I use fresh indulgence. Can u upload pics from a phone on here as il post the pic but im not sure how! X

Are you using the app? What phone? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its a Sony smArt phone not on app but have that to x

here is pic, finally managed it i am useless with computers! lol

Attachments

• IMG_6987.jpg
    IMG_6987.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 294
You can use a sunless lotion over it and try to blend or match the rest of your spray tan.

That looks like a water marks to me. I've never had anything like this with FI. did she get hot and get a sweaty back whilst it was developing?

CeeCee x

If she slept with the tan on before showering, my feelings are that she may ha e got too hot and those lines are the creases in sheets which has soaked off the tan guide. If you understand.

I would re spray and blend in.

As a lover of a spray tan and a spray tan therapist myself. These look like she's got in the shower and let the water run down her back without getting straight in and rubbing the excess tan off! I've had these on my legs before and they have gone after another shower. It's nothing that you've done wrong, you wouldn't be able to get marks this close together from your spray, so don't let it knock your confidence. X

Thanks everyone I was really disapointed as I had been doing ok until now. Should I just re spray the lines or whole back again?? She is wearing a backless dress tomorrow night!! X

Firstly, try to rub the back with a wet flannel, it could be tan residue.

Did she wash her hair in the shower? It could be caused by the shampoo/conditioner.

Or have a bath & throw water over her back?

Ideally you need to get rid of those lines before respraying her back.

Xx

She definitely needs to shower again, paying special attention to her back (if she can reach!) to try and fade the marks before re spraying otherwise the brown bits will just go browner and will not blend with the marks. You wouldn't get a result like this with FI (or any other spray tan for that matter) so it's not something you've done! Chin up and stay positive!

CeeCee x

Just looked at the picture again, could be my screen but she looks slightly green which IMO means she hasnt washed the tan residue off properly. Xx

Hi, I would say it's either watermarks or where she has scratched... X

Thanks everyone u r all so helpful! She is coming straight from work this eve so im thinking il give her a good scrub with a flannel first lol and then see how it looks x

hi there I had a client with this on back of her legs it's def something they've done not you. My client wanted to be resprayed as she wanted it to go darker.
I knew as soon as I saw my lady that it wasn't caused by my technique it was something that happened after I had left. Unfortunately we can't see what people do once we have left them xx

I agree with Steph86. I think she either hasn't washed of the guide completely or she had shampoo/conditioner residue on her skin which has created a barrier. Hopefully its the first as its easily rectified with a wash lol!

Just to update, she came round and said she had had a quick bath to wash off as shower not working, so I gave her back a wipe over with flannel and sure enough tan was still on a bit so with a wipe the lines disappeared, hurrah! Lol thanks again for all your help :) x

Arrh glad its sorted! All that worry for you... Because they've not washed properly lol! Xx

Latest posts

Back