Spray tan method wastage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ailsa52tommy

Reaction score
Hi having completed my course I've bought my kit and tent and gone mobile. My tutor tought me to spray horizontally across the body which seems to be a thorough method but comes with two problems. One it seems to use more solution and second there is a lot of wastage the floor of the tent is soaking as are the walls. Am I doing it wrong or is an up and down method more efficient and effective thank you

When i was trained last year i was trained to go down (release the little leaver) back to the top down again. Say i was doing the legs first, id start from knee to ankle, do the front of that leg then go top of thigh down to just above the knee.......i suppose people train differently, not everyone will go the same way, if you feel ur going to benefit more from going up down, why not get a guinea pig to try it out on.....im sure youd get a few if they were free :) xx hth

Hi, I was trained to go down the body like mentioned above Iv tried lots of different ways of spraying to find what suits me best and tbh I like the spray down method I hardly ever go over my usage and get very little waste, everybody is trained differently so find what works best for you, maybe have a look on YouTube at different methods it helped me :) x

I have never heard of anyone spraying horizontal but everyone uses different methods. No matter how you spray you should only be using 40-50ml for a full body tan but the way you are describing you are maybe using too much solution or you are maybe spraying too far away. Try keeping the gun 12-18 inches away from the skin, the further away you hold the gun the more overspray you are going to have and the more solution you are going to waste!

I was taught to spray horizontally but after many many practice tans and you tube vids and hours on salon geek I finally settled on vertical spraying. I definitely use less solution this way. Make sure if you do change the direction that your gun nozzle is in the correct position for this type of spraying otherwise I found you get thin stripes spray pattern x

Latest posts

Back