Spray tan misty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazz89

Reaction score
Hi I've been spray tanning for year 1/2 now But lately I've noticed the room fills with a mist ? Never used to happen
What could it be ?
Thanks x

Have you changed solution? I've noticed that some solutions I use give off more overspray than others.

Have you been cleaning the filter in your machine regularly?

I think its just you are noticing it now, ventilation is key! even with our £3000 ultra air booth we have to keep painting the room! we run the right pressure but its still there.

x

This is and has always been a tricky subject as many think they dont need extra ventilation if you only do a "few" tans in a row.
Whilst it might not always be visible to our eyes the spray mist can actually cause quite considerable damage - not only to the walls (which can be easily painted) but moreso to the equipment.

If you spray in a room without ventilation the machine sucks the air back in that is filled with particles and as you can imagine after a while this will considerably damage the machine if not ruin it which is possibly more expensive than the initial investment of an extractor module.

If you are serious about your business and want to maintain your equipment and keep the air clean for your own and your clients benefit then dont save the money on an extractor as it could be false economy if you then need to replace the equipment!

Hi I've been spray tanning for year 1/2 now But lately I've noticed the room fills with a mist ? Never used to happen
What could it be ?
Thanks x

If this is new problem you are now experiencing then clearly something has changed and there could be many reasons

1) Your business has grown so you are doing more applications in a day and consequentially there is more airborne over spray in the room.

2) If there is no means of extraction in the room or means to cleanse the airborne over spray particles if you are now doing more applications then you will notice this more...extraction or air purification in spray tan areas is vital in affording a comfortable working environment for you,your customers and of course keeping your room clean

3) It could also be that the intake filter on your machine has become clogged up and needs cleaning to work effectively to do what it is designed to do

HTH

im mobile, but i do alot more tans now, im going to take the machine apart and clean it out i think this might be the problem! thanks xxx

im mobile, but i do alot more tans now, im going to take the machine apart and clean it out i think this might be the problem! thanks xxx

Good luck and hopefully problem solved for you

Incidentally didn't they cover cleaning the filter in your training?

I use an extractor fan even when I'm only doing one tan. Don't think i would tan without it now.

Where can I get an affordable extractor? X

Me three any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back