Spray tan. my boss has no idea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello, i've just gone back to beauty therapy after a 4 yr break. i've been working in a new salon for 2 months, the salon has been open for 3 months. The owner does not do hair or beauty and does not have any idea about products which has its good and bad points.

Recently, he has started advertising that we do spray tans...we dont have a system in yet!!! so I've been madly looking around for one. He spoke to St Tropez who apparently said it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery ( we have our first tan booked in for 14th july!). I had a look on here and it seems that Tantrick is popular. I spoke to Stewart, got all the prices and they could delivery within 2-3days which i thought was brill. I told my boss the prices etc and he tutted and said they were just as expensive as St Tropez, and that he had never heard of them. To which i replied, just becasue he hasnt heard of them, does not mean others havent.

He is now saying that hes going to order St Tropez, but in the mean time hes going to get a cheap one from sally's or capitals. I feel really uneasy about this. no disrespect to sally's or capitals, but i'm sure they're not as good. I had another look at Tantricks site and saw they do a portable tanner which is alot cheaper.

I really need advise... do i go along with my boss's idea and hope the tan's come out ok. do i pester him about Tantrick? do i tell him they do a portable one? I really don't want the tans to go wrong as most of them will be for girls going to proms!

Thanks for reading my huge message. i'd really apprechiate u're help.

linzie xxx

pester him about getting a mini mist if he wants to get one in the meantime before st. tropez...also check out celebrity secrets, they do a great mini mist package -

www.celebritysecrets.co.uk

there is a geek on here who can answer all your questions about CS's, her name is Robyn

xx

I'm here.

Linz you probably have alot of questions you need answering and to be honest I would be here for hours if I went through everything I thought you needed to know and it will sound like a sales pitch.

Breifly, you may want to find out how much your boss is going to be handing over to St Tropez, for what sort of system and what will the solution costs be in the future?

Jen mentioned the minimist, which is currently taking the world by storm. it has been availvble in the states for quite some time and is now making a well earned reputation for itself over here. It is however an HVLP unit so is quite loud (the noise level is something between a hairdryer and a hoover). Quieter compressors are available and do give great results, but they are a bit more labour intensive as the tan takes longer to apply. You should however still get a client done in about 15 minutes (the minimist takes about 5 mins)

Solution wise, there are so many out the now. I am a distributor for Celebrity Secrets and am not ashamed of the fact. Unlike some, I do not pretend to be an unbiased user when pushing our products. We have 3 solution strenghts, so there is a solution for every skin type and every occasion. We and many of our reputable competitors, do not beleive in one solution does all. You have to be able to offer your clients choice. They may want more colour in summer than in winter.

We are offering dicsount on our minimist kits at the moment when ordered through me, we can also supply a range of compressors airbrushes and guns and our solutions are just £40 per litre. If you would like any further information, please let me know.

i do not have one of theses but several people from a demo evening, have ordered them and i understand they got next day delievery, there tan was excellent colour?

thanks robyn, thats really helpful. i've had a quick look at the website, i'll take all the details in to work and show my boss and other therapist. xx

Why follow the crowd and go with a "name". Tell him to make himself an exclusive salon using exclusive products so that people have a reason to go to you, otherwise they may as well stick to the salon they already go to. If the man wants to survive in theis industry then he ought to learn about it ... but then I guess you know that already hun. I feel sorry for you that he won't take your professional advice, after all you are the ones that will have to use it and have confidence to sell it. People can't see past the end of their wallet sometimes!

you tell um !!

Latest posts

Back