Spray tan needed that does not contain aloe vera

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventer07

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I have a client who is allergic to Aloe and is booked in for a spray tan toward the end of June.

I use Sienna X and Vivid tan solutions... and they contain Aloe, so arent suitable.

What can I spray her with that does not contain Aloe?
Are there any makes without Aloe that I can get a sample from??
Thanks xx

Good question,

If you can hang on will have a look later if no-one else comes up with the answer. I am out for the rest of the afternoon spray tanning but I am sure there must be some out there. Maybe Collin will be on later, I am sure he will know or be able to point you in the right direction

Thanks, that would be great if I could get some help!!

I don't think there are any solutions without Aloe in them. :Scared:

I don't think there are any solutions without Aloe in them. :Scared:

I think you are right, but will have trawl through all my info. I have an odd feeling that ambermist may be aloe vera free, just need to find one of my old handouts

I have just looked at the ingredients on my LA Tan Gold bottle and they dont mention Aloe Vera, Baggybear you use La Tan don't you, have you got any further info on their ingredients?

It's a bit early to call them but surely it would be listed on the botlle if it had aloe vera in it.

Last edited:
Aviva doesn t have it as its an oil I believe x

I think you are right, but will have trawl through all my info. I have an odd feeling that ambermist may be aloe vera free, just need to find one of my old handouts

I have just looked at the ingredients on my LA Tan Gold bottle and they dont mention Aloe Vera, Baggybear you use La Tan don't you, have you got any further info on their ingredients?

It's a bit early to call them but surely it would be listed on the botlle if it had aloe vera in it.

I do use LA but don't use the Gold, I know the LA site states Added Aloe Vera (side bar where it says 'cruelty free, 100% organic DHA, Alcohol free, Paraben free' etc...) so I'd expect it to be in all solutions they make/sell.

Aviva doesn t have it as its an oil I believe x
Aloe vera GEL is the base of most spray tan solutions (I believe all - but hope not for the OP's sake).

Thanks for that , I did find it a bit strange that it's not listed on the bottle. I have just spoken to Francesca at the spray tan supermarket and she checked all their products all contain Aloe Vera, because DHA is so drying to the skin ,manufacturers use it as an Organic Moisturizer and have not felt the need to replace this ingredient as it is a good selling point to customers,A natural organic moisturizer.

I also spoke to Ambermist and they also contain AV so I am sorry Eventer07 Baggybear is right, all the solutions I know of contain it.
Might be worth ringing LA Tan and ask them a sit is not listed on the ingredients label on the bottle of LA tan Gold.

I do use LA but don't use the Gold, I know the LA site states Added Aloe Vera (side bar where it says 'cruelty free, 100% organic DHA, Alcohol free, Paraben free' etc...) so I'd expect it to be in all solutions they make/sell.

Aloe vera GEL is the base of most spray tan solutions (I believe all - but hope not for the OP's sake).

It's defiantly not in any aviva solutions. I also believed it to be a gel which it is but it was explained to me that it does contain an element of oil X

I used Aviva for almost two years and loved it. Obviously couldn't remember if it had Aloe Vera, so thank you for the information.
Eventer07, you will like it so try to get some samples from them

Hi Eventer07,

I can confirm that Aloe Vera is not used in any of the Aviva Labs professional tanning solutions. Aloe Vera is a great ingredient for the skin but unfortunately acts as a barrier to the DHA reaction. It does not prevent the reaction but it does hinder it. The drying issue is two fold. DHA does dry the skin but this not the main issue. The vast majority of tanning solutions are oil based and require alcohol in order for them to 'Flash Off' (dry) in a reasonable time for your client. It is the Alcohol and fragrances that are added to tanning solutions that are the main problem when it comes to skin drying.

Aviva Labs Pro solutions are all water based and do not contain alcohol or Aloe Vera.

Is your client sure that they have an issue Aloe Vera though? There is one ingredient used in many tanning solutions that can cause serious issues. Brown HT (also called Chocolate Brown
HT, Brown, Caramel, Food Brown 3, and C.I. 20285), a brown colour, petroleum-derived, coal tar and azo dye. This ingredient is used to provide the guide colour (Bronzer).

It's use in products has now been banned in the United States, Austria, Belgiumm, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Canada and Sweden. This controversial ingredient can induce hypersensitivity, and skin ailments including eczema, dermatitis, itching, rashes, and hives. It can also cause bad reactions in people allergic to aspirin and has been known to induce allergic reactions, asthma and in some cases, cancer. In our opinion the use of this ingredient should be totally banned. It's an issue for clients, but far more of issue for Spray Tan Professionals as we are breathing the stuff in every day. I find it extremely annoying that our industry is all about promoting safe tanning ie. not hitting the sunbeds and hammering the beach and yet many manufactures are quite happy to use such a dangerous ingredient.

Hope this helps. If you need detailed info on contra indications and skin sensitivity issues please give us a call.

Hi Eventer07,

I can confirm that Aloe Vera is not used in any of the Aviva Labs professional tanning solutions. Aloe Vera is a great ingredient for the skin but unfortunately acts as a barrier to the DHA reaction. It does not prevent the reaction but it does hinder it. The drying issue is two fold. DHA does dry the skin but this not the main issue. The vast majority of tanning solutions are oil based and require alcohol in order for them to 'Flash Off' (dry) in a reasonable time for your client. It is the Alcohol and fragrances that are added to tanning solutions that are the main problem when it comes to skin drying.

Aviva Labs Pro solutions are all water based and do not contain alcohol or Aloe Vera.

Is your client sure that they have an issue Aloe Vera though? There is one ingredient used in many tanning solutions that can cause serious issues. Brown HT (also called Chocolate Brown
HT, Brown, Caramel, Food Brown 3, and C.I. 20285), a brown colour, petroleum-derived, coal tar and azo dye. This ingredient is used to provide the guide colour (Bronzer).

It's use in products has now been banned in the United States, Austria, Belgiumm, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Canada and Sweden. This controversial ingredient can induce hypersensitivity, and skin ailments including eczema, dermatitis, itching, rashes, and hives. It can also cause bad reactions in people allergic to aspirin and has been known to induce allergic reactions, asthma and in some cases, cancer. In our opinion the use of this ingredient should be totally banned. It's an issue for clients, but far more of issue for Spray Tan Professionals as we are breathing the stuff in every day. I find it extremely annoying that our industry is all about promoting safe tanning ie. not hitting the sunbeds and hammering the beach and yet many manufactures are quite happy to use such a dangerous ingredient.

Hope this helps. If you need detailed info on contra indications and skin sensitivity issues please give us a call.

Thank you for that, very informative. Certainly something to think about

Latest posts

Back