Spray tan nightmare!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail-lady

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

:cry: I really need some help.

I have been doing spray tans for 9 months now, and every client is over the moon. However when it comes to my spray, its a different story....

My partner sprays me (he is very good, i dont tell him this thou, may get a big head:)) and for the past couple of months, the only place my tan seems to take, is hands, feet and every where else is patchy. I do all the correct beauty treatments before my tan and after. I must say it used to happen when i used st tropez?? The only thing i can think it is is my hormones, as i am on HRT and am 34 yrs old?

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem :hug:

Hormones really do affect the way a spray will take.....HRT could affect the way the skin will take a spray tan, similarly in the first trimester of pregnancy and just before a period.

Thanks for your reply cathie. Didnt think i would be able to do anything about it.

xx

I've sprayed a client regularly on HRT with no ill effects.
I use Bali Sun btw.

Are you sure he is angling the spray gun right? :hug:

Im having the same problem, My sister is a spray tan technician and everyone else looks lovely and even but me is a different story my face goes horrid and some other places dont go too well either.Confuses me

ive found that if you use dove body wash it will not stay on!at all! ever! so it could be your bodywash, as they are meant to be uber moisturising it might be that even if you scrub etc before, bits of it might still be left on the skin?

Thankyou fellow geeks, your help is much appreciated.

My partner has been spraying me for at least 9 months and the first 6 months were ok???then it all started to go wrong.

Got to tell u a funny story(well it s now)....

It was a couple of days before my xmas do (as i am a civil servant as well) and i was really excited and dying to start to get ready. So i have my first tan, patchy in all areas not brillant at all. No worries i thought i will have another one the day after. So i did this, on the morning of the do...... i woke up with 1 green arm and a green neck?????oh my god i carnt go.....so i started scrubbing really hard, and to my amazment uis started to disappear.. There is a god. Mind u i found it really funny (when i had had a few) to tell everybody about it. I am surprised i have any clients.

martine

deoderant turns it green!

Hi Lisa, yeah i no, but i mean my whole arm, i looked like an alien..... i didnt no if too laugh or cry!!!!:o

xx

Hi Lisa, yeah i no, but i mean my whole arm, i looked like an alien..... i didnt no if too laugh or cry!!!!:o

xx

Sounds like the solution has 'turned'. Some solutions don't have colour stabilisers in and once turned it will give like a bronzed look. It is normally fine after showering, but its an ideal look for a client to walk out of the salon with. I always test my solution on couch roll before every tan, but with Tantrick the solution has stabilisers in so I don't have the 'green' problem.

Test your solution on tissue and if there is a green rim around the brown solution after a second or so, then you know the solution is past its best.

Sounds like the aloe vera in the product coming out on your skin.

This should rinse away usually.

I think you may need to use a fresh bottle.

xxx

Sorry to kinda change the subject but it does relate to this thread, Does pregnancy affect your spray tan? As i had my spray tan done yesterday and i had the darker one which i usualy have and its hardly taken on my skin, ive done the exact routine as i always do, and it normally always goes on dark but i look a tiny tiny bit brown. I may be pregnant not too sure but was wondering if this would affect my tan?

Yes pregnancy can affect a spray tan. I was advised not to spray anyone in the first trimester. HTH

Latest posts

Back