Spray tan non-local rates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I know there have been lots of threads re: rates but i'm in a bit of a pickle & need advice. I have a lot of new clients who are booking with me & they all seem to know each other through Facebook. Some (but not many!) live local to me but most live 8 or more miles away. As I'm still trying to build up my client base, i don't want to turn away customers because of petrol costs & travelling time so I'm prepared to bite the bullet on that. I charge £15 per spray tan which seems to be an acceptable amount to charge. I have offered some special rates for multiple bookings but am worried that I'm still not making much due to petrol costs (my latest booking is for 3 at same house 8 miles away & I've offered £12.50 each as a special rate). I've taken another booking for a client 11 miles away for 4 people & she haggled with me (we agreed on £45) I don't think i'm being greedy :o , i want clients to see consistency but don't know how to tackle this? What would you do?? x

I would start charging a travel cost so they could still get a deal on the tan price but as they live x amount of miles away from you then they have to pay a set cost per mile. That way it's fair to everyone. You could also suggest that if they want the cheaper price then they can come to you, otherwise make it worth your while going there.

Thats a good idea Kate, I'll try to work something out, thanks hun x

on google maps it tells you how much it costs to travel from one location from another.

if you go to get directions type in your address then to their address it will tell you how much it is.

you could then use as an extra charge as you then know your covering petrol costs. remember to times that price by two tho as it will only cover one way when it calculates it!

good luck x

Don't ever let customers haggle with you! It puts you in a bad position and makes the client think you don't think you're worth your regular price, though I'm sure you are! :)

stick to your prices, give a set standard small discount for multiple bookings and add mileage or just charge them the regular price for a multiple booking and take the mileage off if it's far away. Do I make sense?

I never let clients negotiate a price. I tell them what it is, if don't like it, they can go elsewhere. Someone asked me via text last week if I'd do a full set of acrylic for £10! I didn't even try to explain why it's 3 times as much, with clients like that you're wasting your breath.

on google maps it tells you how much it costs to travel from one location from another.

if you go to get directions type in your address then to their address it will tell you how much it is.

you could then use as an extra charge as you then know your covering petrol costs. remember to times that price by two tho as it will only cover one way when it calculates it!

good luck x

Thanks hun, it was google maps that alerted me to how much the petrol is! I'm defo gonna sort this out x

Don't ever let customers haggle with you! It puts you in a bad position and makes the client think you don't think you're worth your regular price, though I'm sure you are! :)

stick to your prices, give a set standard small discount for multiple bookings and add mileage or just charge them the regular price for a multiple booking and take the mileage off if it's far away. Do I make sense?

I never let clients negotiate a price. I tell them what it is, if don't like it, they can go elsewhere. Someone asked me via text last week if I'd do a full set of acrylic for £10! I didn't even try to explain why it's 3 times as much, with clients like that you're wasting your breath.

To be honest, it wasn't as bad as it sounded, i told her my price per person & she came back to me saying there would be 4 of them & could they pay £40. I just came back with " it'll be £45 for 4 of you - i need to cover my petrol cos you're not local to me" . I admit, my hubby didn't think it was professional to have mentioned covering my petrol.

I'm gonna do what you've suggested & have standard multiple booking prices for both local & afar. If anyone ever queries the 2 rates, i can explain its due to locality.Thanks guys xxx

I think you can claim 45p for every mile you travel for work. So keep a record for your end of year accounts.

For example hun I charge:
£20 for 1 person
£17.50 each for 2 people
£15 each for 3 or more people

I cover within 5 mile radius then charge per mile after this xxx

For example hun I charge:
£20 for 1 person
£17.50 each for 2 people
£15 each for 3 or more people

I cover within 5 mile radius then charge per mile after this xxx

What do u charge per mile hun? x

By the way, my haggler cancelled last night - i had a feeling she would! Anyone else found that the ones that try negotiating on price always cry off?? x

What do u charge per mile hun? x

Haven't decided yet as I haven't had anyone ask lol! Think it will be 75p but this will cover both ways. E.g is they are 8 miles, it will be 3x75 (as I cover 5 miles) not 6x75

Xxx

Thanks glamour x

Latest posts

Back