Spray tan not developing on chest

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlotteCOCO

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have recently opened a salon so a weekly spray tan has been part of my routine for the last 4 or so months.
Recently the tan is not developing on my chest and neck. I have tried a few solutions too... Xen tan, glo tanz, omg 16% and fake bake !!
I think my chest has become reluctant to the tan. Has this happened to any of you? And if so, how did you come to rectify? The rest of my body is lovely and brown and I have to fill my neck and chest in with bronzer!!

Will be great if you guys have any advice?

Thanks, Charlotte

Could there be a barrier there, ie perfume??

Hiya

on my SiennaX training I was told that the chest can be sometimes a problem are- perfumes, creams, no creams etc. And it was recommended to use prep spray.

And to be honest I use it for every lady I spray tan and it always looks fab.

Let's hope Baggybear will come here- she is an extremely advanced tanner with an incredible knowledge :) I am sure she will give you much better advice x

I don't have this issue with my clients and/or staff.. just me!
Sunshine, which prep spray do you use? We don't prep spray at all at the moment but perhaps I should give it a try.

xxx Thank you x Charlotte

Prep spray does sound like a good start, to eliminate the possibility of oily skin or any product residues. It's a good thing to have in stock anyway.

Fab, thanks! I'll have to try some of that! Im just going to try another light spray tonight to see if it takes, Fingers crossed x

Not prying or being rude but if you have breast implants that can sometimes hamper the tan imo, but try

exfoliate lightly the area the night before

dont apply any medications, creams, perfumes etc

in the am or pm- just shower with lukewarm water and pat the area dry.

if you are tanning yourself straight from removing clothing, it could be sweat

let us know how you get on

Thanks Terese hun, I'll let you know x

I don't have this issue with my clients and/or staff.. just me!
Sunshine, which prep spray do you use? We don't prep spray at all at the moment but perhaps I should give it a try.

xxx Thank you x Charlotte

SiennaX all the way for me :) Worth every penny x

Terese...why do implants hamper a tan. Always wondered this one ;-)

Hi there, ensure you fully prep prior to tanning, do not moisturise unless an oil free moisturiser! Exfoliating prior works a treat especially with a loofer, we use a locally produced exfoliater from www.soapsnobs.co.uk if you end up getting some tell them I recommended you!! If you moisturise regularly and also use soap when prepping these are all disadvantages as you firm a build up on your skin preventing the skin from taking!! We use fake bake with the soap snobs and never have any issues!! Always bare in mind any medication I.e antibiotics can't affect your tan and in some cases may become patchy or not take at all!! Good luck chick xx

Catherine S: just read the link for the prep spray, do you apply it with the spray machine or just out the bottle? Really, considering getting some of this as i keep seeing people talking about it. Didn't know if it was something that actually works or if its just another way to make money from us! Thanks x

Latest posts

Back