Spray tan offers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz012

Reaction score
Hi I have recently started doin spray tans it has taken off but nt as much as I thought it would has anyone got any good tips for advertising or offers I have had a look at Lyne barkers fab thread on promoting but I would like something specific to spray tan can any one help

Why not try a jubilee weekend offer? 10 or 20% off or something?!
Or discounts on group bookings, advertise spray tan parties.
I would be interested in what other people have tried and tested too.

Yh I am always worried about posting to much on Facebook and becoming a pest to people who have like my page and constantly being on there news feed xx

I put an update about 2 times a week on fb, its your page, people dont have to take notice of it! BUT..... always been on their newsfeed is good! It will keep you in their minds for when they might want a tan.
Then about once a week I send a group text to clients and friends updating them on current offers. Best to let them know than not and you would only be a pest if it was evryday!
I know what you mean though! I worry I'm doing it too much but you have to put yourself out there especially in the beginning.

Parties parties parties!
Keep pushing your parties! It's the best way to get your skill out to many people at once. Word of mouth is what people trust, especially people who are worried about turning orange (a lot of my customers are, as was I). Have a party of 4 people, they all love their tan, they tell their friends, who book parties, then they tell their friends....it goes on and on! Offering a party discount gives them an incentive to book with more people as EVERYONE is looking to save some money and get the same thing if possible. Also so popular at this time of year!
If you want to do online advertising try gumtree - I find it helps me show up on google searches.
Good Luck xx

I put a new status on my Facebook about 10 times a day. And I make £300 a week mainly just tanning..
I also post on the buy it n sell it pages on Facebook. I much be doing something right. ;)

I put a new status on my Facebook about 10 times a day. And I make £300 a week mainly just tanning..
I also post on the buy it n sell it pages on Facebook. I much be doing something right. ;)

OMG 10 times a day!! Your brave lol

I feel like a stalker posting once or twice per day! haha

Yes I post on buy & sell pages too but don't actually get that many leads from it. x

I post at least 3/4 times a day - in between clients, i dont think thats too bad, as you very quickly get lost on the news feed! i like people to remember me! i also do it for my husbands business and i dont feel its too much! ( to be honest im not that bothered if it does! they can always block me! lol)

also - rather than reducing your prices can you not add on a treatment? ie - free brow tint with a tan? I always prefer to add treatments together than give a reduction in price - as its less time wasted (does that make sense? ])

I agree, just because you post at 10am on a friday doesnt mean you will even show in my feed... because i might not be online until 6pm on friday. There is no harm in posting daily and even twice a day or more if needs be. At the end of the day people can dislike your page if they feel you are going OTT - you will of course notice if people start to leave your page and at THAT point can reassess your marketing strategy on facebook.

As much as you dont want to seem a pest... I hate to say it but marketing will always require that element of seeming pushy. I like to think of it as being proactive ;)

I take photos of work ive done through the day and post them when i get in the car before goingto my next client. Photos always attract attention. I update my status every night also, it keeps you fresh in clients minds. Commenting on clients status also encourages other commentors to maybe add you as a friend and possibly become a new client and liking clients photos also gets your name out there.
Ive found yell.com a huge success for my business, so much so, when you type mobile beauty therapist into google i come up second on yell apparently! And it was FREE!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Mobile beauty therapist in caerphilly i ment to say :-/

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I sometimes do a special just for the hell of it, well that's what the clients think, it's actually if I think my open bottle of tan is about to go of, it's about 6 months once it's opened, anyway I'll drop the price to £15 as 'that weeks' deal of the week.
But my usual price is £20 for a single tan and for a party of 5+hostess it's £15 a tan and the hostess goes free. I insist on the hostess collecting 50% of the money before the tan date and I'm up front with them, I tell them that by collecting the deposit they will find that their friends won't forget, or say they are broke or can't get a baby sitter, because if I arrive and there is only one or two of them with out the deposit they will pay the full price, with the deposit they will still get the party deal. I always give out a price list for each party person with my full menu on it and point out that if they have a party each week at a different persons house they will always get the best price and their own turn at a free tan. If they want something like a mini pedicure on the tan night I'll do a 20% discount and I do get work on the back of the tans from that. One of my college tutors does cluster lash parties. She is so quick with these it's unreal! I know some of the girls do express lashes, again they are a quick service and work well in a party setting and leave enough time to do the tans as well.
A couple of months ago I turned up expecting 6 girls and found I was doing 15 people, some of the boyfriends fancied it. We had a good laugh that night but I couldn't lift a coffee cup the following day, never realised I had muscles in my forearm lol So that's my next tip, always carry more tan solution with you than you need.
I'm not as active with my fb as I should be, so I'll be taking that advice from your thread with me, thank you geeks :)

Latest posts

Back