Spray tan on hands awful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachlamb_1994

Reaction score
Everytime i spray tan everywhere is perfect apart from the hands/wrists!! I am using aqueous cream too, where am i going wrong? Xx

If you could take us through your routine we could identify where you could make improvements x

I put aqueous cream on feet, knees, elbows and hands then put a thicker layer on the palms of hands so it doesnt stain them then get them to keep their hands closed while tanning!

You need to make sure the hands are correctly placed out of the way when spraying the rest of the clients body, that they are clawed, prey position & back to back position when they are being sprayed & you need to be slightly further away & possibly lower setting on the gun. Cream the nails, knuckle areas & wrists & never spray the palms directly themselves.
Make sure the clients do not touch themselves or the tent/area they are being sprayed in.
HTH
Kt xx

Hands and feet absorb the solution more than other parts of the body so only a small amount of solution is needed on these areas. Hands should be in a claw shape and the way I do it is to hold the gun double distance away and do 3 quick strokes along the hands and fingers. I finish by lightly buffing the inner wrist and sides of hands with a buffing mitt. I've never had any problems doing it this way.

All I do is apply a layer of aqueous cream to palms and then always make sure that the tops of the hands are facing downwards in all positions.
Then at the end, I get them to bend their knuckles and I spray them.
I have never had any problems.
When you say you get them to keep their hands closed while spraying, could it be that some of the aqueous cream is touching the palms and causing patchiness?

I get them to keep there hands in a fist position the whole way through then lighly spray the hands at the end! Will try the claw position! Maybe just rubbish aqueous cream! I got my boyfriend to spray me and elbows were so dark and thats with the aqueous cream on xxx

The best way I found was to only use barrier cream on the fingernails, between the knuckles, and to do fast but even circular motion spray with the hands in a claw position!.. Just one circle is enough..

Also make sure when doing the arms you swish away from the body once you reach the wrist!

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
With our new Patented Perfection Brush dodgy hands and feet are a thing of the past. Several high profile Mua's and training schools are now using them.
Very simply, spray down the arm, stopping before the wrist, and the just lightly brush down onto the hands, same technique for feet. Any runs etc, no need to "dab" off just brush in. Great for hairline, behind ears, neck etc. Can also be used for body sculpting, six packs, hollow cheek etc, very easy to do and takes spray tanning to the next level. The silicon treated brush just washes out after use, and when dry, is as new. See our website for details of how to use and why every spray tanning therapist should have one. Also read the latest testamonial.
Ambermist

I use barrier cream all over hands then spray further away very lightly once in claw position then praying pointing up then down. I always tell clients to keep hands in front when I'm spraying back of them and vice versa. I always say, you don't warn tanned palms, not a good look! Hands always look whiter than rest of body but when tan develops they look natural.

Hi
I am so confused. I have been tanning for a year now and I get a lot of compliments and never had any issues with steaks or such like.
But I done a client last night who has just sent me this pic. I have no idea how this has happened. I only give the hands and feet a quick light spray at the end. In the claw position. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1400916032949.jpg
    1400916032949.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 410
I'm REALLY fussy when it comes to hands and feet.

I don't touch the hands until last. It's the last part of the body that I do,
If I'm giving the body 2 sprays then I still only give the hands one.

When I'm spraying the back of the body I get them to hold there thumbs inside there fingers and tilt the wrists forward - like revving a motorbike- this keeps them well out the way.

For the front of the body I totally avoid them!

When it comes to spraying them I turn my gun right down to 2. Then get them to spread their fingers as wide as possible and so 3 sprays in an upwards motion from a distance. spray 1 aimed at little finger and ring finger, spray 2 aimed at centre and spray 3 at the thumb and index finger.
Once they have done that I get them to claw and again from a distance just mist over the knuckle area. Then prey, reverse prey and then they are perfect!

I always then wipe the palms and wrist line as well as fingernails and Citicard with a baby wipe.

Hope this helps you :)

I did my training with the woman who did tans for the X factor, she still does james Arthur's tans now and some of the Corry cast :)

Xx

Thanks for that. Most of my technique is similar. I completely avoid the hands too. And feet. No one ever gets orange hands or feet from me thats why I am so confused as this is s massive patch :( but a random patch too.

I like your hand spraying techniques tho I think I will try that if u dont mind xx

She has possibly touched herself or a surface covered in overspray.

She has possibly touched herself or a surface covered in overspray.

Agree with pp ^^

I'm always having to remind clients not to touch the side of my tent, or themsleves for that matter!

Hi,
With our new Patented Perfection Brush dodgy hands and feet are a thing of the past. Several high profile Mua's and training schools are now using them.
Very simply, spray down the arm, stopping before the wrist, and the just lightly brush down onto the hands, same technique for feet. Any runs etc, no need to "dab" off just brush in. Great for hairline, behind ears, neck etc. Can also be used for body sculpting, six packs, hollow cheek etc, very easy to do and takes spray tanning to the next level. The silicon treated brush just washes out after use, and when dry, is as new. See our website for details of how to use and why every spray tanning therapist should have one. Also read the latest testamonial.
Ambermist

What about cleaning this brush after use. Would you need to have a few brushes as I wouldn't fancy having my face brushed after somebody has had their feet brushed. X

Princess Jen83 - Could solution be leaking out of the rim of your cup? If it is it'll be a tiny amount but will drip. This happened me & I just could not figure out how until the next tan I was doing I happened to notice a drip fall on the floor of the tent. I now fold a piece of couch roll in half and wrap it around where the cup screws in and then put a hair bobble (or elastic band but my hair bobble fits straight on) over it right where the cup screws onto the gun. I've attached a picture (hopefully it loads)

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1400951826313.jpg
    1400951826313.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 218
Yeah, it does look like it has dripped on or she has grabbed your spray bottle that has leaked?! It happened to me when I forgot to put on my gloves and there was some on my bottle!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for everyones advice. I will try a few things see if I can figure out what happened xx

I had this happen and came to the conclusion my clients had touched tent. Also, client touch their face, legs etc without realising

Latest posts

Back