Spray tan only taken to parts of skin!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I had a lady in yesterday for a spray tan. She has never had one before with me or any other salon. I did a consultation and she confirmed she had no dry skin patches or conditions.

I sprayed her and gave her aftercare advice, and she left with her tan looking even.

She came back in this morning to get her make up done as she's going to a wedding. She followed all of her aftercare advice and showered her tan off this morning, but her shoulders, chest and back haven't taken!! The rest of her body is a lovely golden colour :-/ We established before her tan that she wasn't wearing moisturiser, etc. I'm really confused.

Has this happened to anybody else? I've never came across it before. Sorry for the essay!! Xx

I havent had that yet

But i spray tanned someone lastnight in a 18% the highest one i stock & they have come back to me saying 2 of her friends say she doesnt even look like she has had a spray tan. She has took a photo & she does look pale still she had a 14% last week & she looked darker with that on her?

Hi sarah, i get a few people like this but knowing there history from tanning them before i alway double that area or else they come back for a top up , but its usually just there legs. I had a problem few weeks back with a client having patches that didnt tan but in the end she admitted she had been sunburnt in the area. I dont think there is anything else u could have done :(

Hi Sarah

I had one client like this recently and I have to admit its sometimes the case with my own spray tans - my chest is usually the place where the colour doesnt look so bronzed but my hands are usually far too bronzed as they seem to absorb and grab the colour - I assume it could be slightly similar to how dry/non dry your skin is - much like hair colour (although I am not a hairdresser by any means).

If anyone has any banter on this matter it would be appreciated

Good luck :)

ps - someone posted a similar post on the page before this one - have a look and see?

It seems to suggest dry/oily skins type take differently to tans. It also suggest DHA resistant clients (rare). And finally it suggest a prep spray before applying spray tan ( I don't know much about these i'm afraid), but I'm definitely going to look into this for myself!!

Hi,
Did you ask her if she had used conditioner on her hair? If so as she rinsed that off it could act similar to a barrier cream on her skin.
Just a thought !!!!
Hope you solve your problem.
Lotsa luv x x x

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I still can't figure out what it was... Her entire back was really pale, her shoulders and chest. I know the chest doesn't take well due to the skin being thinner, but this lady's was really pale. She hadn't washed her hair the day of her tan, she was going to a wedding the next day and washed it then.

Very strange :-/

I appreciate everyones help xx

Latest posts

Back