Spray Tan Or St Tropez Ultimate??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saraht110

Reaction score
Hi all

It is my mums wedding reception on friday and i have booked myself in for a spray tan, the salon i am going to is offering the st tropez spray tan and also the application st tropez which one is best????Please help??

Thanks

Sar xx:rolleyes:

I personally prefer the application St Tropez. HTHs.

I prefer the spray tan , although I have to say I've had a few clients that have had the st tropez tan and not been impressed. Don't know whether this was down to the tan, or the fact that they had no consultation and so were sprayed too dark and got tangoed!

Just make sure if you go for the spray that you exfoliate really well the night before and moisturise, and then exfoliate in the morning of the the treatment. Remember to wear loose clothes and preferably flip flops. Your therpapist should give you all the pre and after care to ensure the longevity of your tan.

Thanks Guys, i think i will go for the spray tan, the only thing i was worried about was it being too light as i do want to look 'Tanned' as my dress is red and i look very pasty with it on!well if it doesnt turn out dark enough what do i do??should i apply some tinted moisturiser?

Sar xxxx

saraht110 said:
Thanks Guys, i think i will go for the spray tan, the only thing i was worried about was it being too light as i do want to look 'Tanned' as my dress is red and i look very pasty with it on!well if it doesnt turn out dark enough what do i do??should i apply some tinted moisturiser?

Sar xxxx

The therapist should give you a full consultation. I always work with my clients and we decide together what they want - just a healthy glow, or a full on tan. dont be tempted to go too dark, particularly if you don't tan easily and you usually burn. Your skin may not be able to cope with the higher levels of DHA and that's when you get the orange effect. If the consultation is done effectively and you prepare your skin properly then you should be happy with the results.

well i have bought some very good exfoliator its called orly sugar fix to go and it really gets rid of all the dead skin i was going to use that tonight as my appointment is 5.30pm tomorrow do you think i should exfoliate twice before i go then?

saraht110 said:
well i have bought some very good exfoliator its called orly sugar fix to go and it really gets rid of all the dead skin i was going to use that tonight as my appointment is 5.30pm tomorrow do you think i should exfoliate twice before i go then?

It's up to you, but it really does prepare the skin well.

yes orly sugar fix his great,but is it highly oil based ? because if your exfoliating tonight and not showering before your appointment tomorrow it may leave a slight film if it has alot of oil residue in it? just thought id ask just to be on the safe side.

I do both St Tropez methods, and personally I prefer the original.
The therapist does your exfoliation, it's in the treatment timings.
Also the tanning lotion can be pre-blended to get the perfect shading you need, (i.e. slightly lighter on the underside of the arms, and blended through.)
The original will last longer that the spray on with St Tropez.
Best bet is to ask the opinion of the therapist who's doing it. I know I'd do a better job of the original treatment, because I do more of them .
Hope this helps.

I would go for the manual application rather than the spray tan. It last longer then the spray tan.

It's best that the therapist does all your exfoliation rather than using one yourself that may react against the tan.

The exfoliator that is used with St Tropez has tiny polystyrene bits that smoothes the skin rather than digging into the skin and leaving marks.

HTH

hi i have the ultimate air and i love it. I was taught that the colour of your tan depends on the amount of melonin in your skin therefore you cant pick and choose your colour intensity. Also i would use the st tropez exfoliator and moisturiser as they are designed to work together. hope that helps.

michelle-d said:
hi i have the ultimate air and i love it. I was taught that the colour of your tan depends on the amount of melonin in your skin therefore you cant pick and choose your colour intensity. Also i would use the st tropez exfoliator and moisturiser as they are designed to work together. hope that helps.
The tan is affected by the amount of melanin,in other words we are all different shades in our skin colouring, therefore a tan will look different on one person than it does on another with say a fairer skin.However you can adjust the colour intensity by either mixing with moisturiser,to make lighter or by applying a build up of tan over several days to make a darker tan and by using less moisturiser.All the St Tropez products are designed to work together,but you can use a different exfoliator if your doing the tan at home yourself.It wont affect the end result.Personally I think spray tans and hands on tans have their pros and cons.As mentioned, the spray tan dosn't last as long as the hands on method.With the spray tan the client is expected to exfoliate themselves prior to the appointment.I only do the hands on tan and saying this I always ask my client to exfoliate a couple of times prior to the appointment,as well as doing it myself on the day.I explain that the outcome of the tan will largely depend on the condition of the skin.If the skin is dry,then the tan will look patchy/uneven.It wont last as long as it will flake away much quicker.This seems to work on the majority of my clients and they work at getting their skin in tip top condition prior to coming in.Obviously it's not always possible,i.e if they book the appointment the day before.Spray tans are quicker and great for clients without the luxury of time on their hands.However the hands on method is a real pampering hours worth of treatment that usually lasts,with the correct aftercare for 7 to 10 days.HTH

Latest posts

Back