Spray tan orange hand, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloSailor!

Reaction score
My tanning clients all seem to have the same complaint that they end up with orange hands... I do 'the claw' when I spray and put barrier cream on the palms and nails. My tans are spot on apart from that!should I lightly moisturise the hands and fingers before?

Thanks in advance!x

I personally barrier cream the whole hand, webbing, palms and wrists, and my clients hands have never gone orange before... but still get a colour.

My tanning clients all seem to have the same complaint that they end up with orange hands... I do 'the claw' when I spray and put barrier cream on the palms and nails. My tans are spot on apart from that!should I lightly moisturise the hands and fingers before?

Thanks in advance!x
When I did my training I was given a tip to have 2 tennis balls to ask client to hold tightly which didn't cause palms to get sprayed;)

Hi, this happened to me once when a client rested her face in her hand! I now apply barrier cream to palms before the tan. After the tan i wipe palms with couch towel & explain that i am now removing all traces of tan from palms so any orange palms now are down to the client. I also advise cotton socks over hands at bedtime if they sleep touching their body.

She said its the skin around her fingernails and thumbs. I barrier cremed her palms and finger nails :/ it's the fingers rather than palms or front hand bit

X

I had this when first started tanning. I personally barrier cream the whole hands and inner wrist. It gives a softer look on the hands and blends I with the wrist better x

She said its the skin around her fingernails and thumbs. I barrier cremed her palms and finger nails :/ it's the fingers rather than palms or front hand bit

X

If the client has dry skin on her hands, this can make the tan look darker in the drier areas.
You may also be over-spraying the hands when you don't realise, always make sure that what ever part of the body you are doing, you have the hands out the way. Maybe give her a wet wipe at the end for her to go over the problem area.

As always great advice everyone :) thanks x

I use a towelling mitt to rub the barrier cream off the palms, blend the inner wrist area, pat over backs of hands and rub over nails. Hands are always perfect doing this. I do the same with the tops of feet. I spray very little solution on these areas so its probably not really necessary but I just keep doing it just in case.

One of the tans done a few years ago, late in the evening, got home, went to bed & woke up with a tanned palm.

But i knew exactly why .... cause i had a palm print on my tummy where my hand had been all night :lol:

Never happened since though, so i must subconsciously remember to sleep with my hands off my body !!

One of the tans done a few years ago, late in the evening, got home, went to bed & woke up with a tanned palm.

But i knew exactly why .... cause i had a palm print on my tummy where my hand had been all night :lol:

Never happened since though, so i must subconsciously remember to sleep with my hands off my body !!

mmm simple solution here for you lol
Borrow a pair of the old mans socks(preferably clean ones :o) stick em on your paws and job done...no mor tangoed palms

HTH :hug::o:eek::lol::lol:

i always advise clients not to touch skin after a tan i.e to itch, pick a spot or pick at tan collecting in creases of neck, arm , back of knee or they may end up with tanned fingers! I make sure hands are kept out of the way at all times until its time to do hands. I also have couch towel in my left hand while tanning and hold it near clients hands when spraying arms ( i like to think its just a little bit more protection).

Latest posts

Back