Spray Tan parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellant

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I did my first spray tan party last night, there was 7 people and all seem to go well. They all enjoyed themselves and I did get some bookings out of it. I am just wondering what is the maximum number you would do in an evening for a party.

I Have my first spray tanning party coming up next months any tips you can give on what works well and do's and don'ts. Thanks.

I would love to go to a spray tanning party never heard of any around sheffield/rotherham it'd be great

as a personal thing,i always say no more than 10,but it depends on the individual,i have got a good spray tanning equipment,but i wouldnt want to do more than 10 incase of overheating.also i start my parties at around 7-7.30pm,so anymore and youd be going on till really late.They go on late enough anyway after youve set up,had chats with everyone packed everything away etc,so as a rule i say no more than 10 and it works well for me.i always say a minimum of 5 aswell and over 5 and the hostess gets one free.hth:hug:

juju said:
I would love to go to a spray tanning party never heard of any around sheffield/rotherham it'd be great

go to www.mobile-tan.com and it has lists of mobile spray tan therapists in your area.

I've managed 9 or 10 in a night successfully before now, but I really wouldn't recommend doing too many unless you have a robust enough compressor. Check with your supplier as to maximum run times.

Always make sure you have a good professional looking pop up tent too....towels draped everywhere etc just don't give off the best impression. Have some throw away panties and a hair-band available (black if poss - white gets stained all too quickly). I can usually get at least one more party booking in a night if I present myself well...I give them a little talk first about the solutions etc, and a offer a small free gift for booking that they receive on the night of their party

I give the hostess a free tan if she has 5 guests other than her and I usually give everyone a £5 voucher off their next full price treatment too (redeemable within a few weeks only)....to try and encourage repeat business. I've had several re-bookings and got nail clients too this way!

Don't forget your aftersales...sold correctly, tan extender lotions go down a treat at parties too! Make sure you have a sample tube or bottle, in case anyone wants to try it!

HTH's....

How much do ppl charge at a spray tan party???

xxxxxxxxx

I charge £25 for an individual tan, £20 if there is more than 1 person, and as I say, I give the hostess hers free if there are over 5 guests.

I know people that charge less, but I use an excellent quality solution that is long lasting and gives superb results. I ensure that the parties I do have a completely professional service with all the info given to them re aftercare etc, and no one has ever complained on the price. In fact most people feel they are getting excellent value for money.

Hi

Thanks to all that have replied

Samiejoe
Just make sure that you do have a tent and also a light as you are unaware the lighting of the house you would be visiting. I just took loads of price list and info and managed to get other business just from that one party. I have my next one tomorrow Mon 12th so hopefully that will be just as good.

glad it all went well for you hun, keep us posted on your success story xx

How do you get everyone dry and maintain their modesty?

I use St Tropez and usually leave each person 15 minutes to dry, though its usually still tacky, and this is taking individual appointments.

I have done a group of four girls in one appointment, but they were all happy to strip off together. It wouldn't have been any where near as lucrative if they had come separately.

I know some people use robes, but this is quite an investment if you need to have one per client and you are doing upto 10 at a time!!!

as i usually work it,i have my pop up booth and equipment set up in one room,{either the bedroom or the kitchen,}then usually all the guests are in the lounge having bubbly,snacks and looking at testers on aftercare products i offer,then they take it in turns to come into the room and have a spray.for each party i send the hostess a letter,telling her that guests are welcome to bring their own dressing gowns to change into or loose dark clothing then i give all my prep and aftercare leaflets to give her guests.so it usually is up to the clients if they want to change into their robes after a treatment.as i have a hvlp unit i usually dry off my clients after the spray with a bit of air from my machine,so if they are getting changed into their loose clothing it shouldnt be a problem.if you have anymore questions please dont hesitate to ask.hth:hug:

Latest posts

Back