Spray tan-practice make perfect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenT59

Reaction score
I'm doing my spray tan course this Sunday-I know it'll take practice but just generally how long was it before you tried your new found skills on the public?as I'm mobile reflexologist and beautician and want this as an add on;-)

I did 10 practise runs, in a salon with other staff watching my routine. My 11th was a staff member who kept quite til the end & assessed my tan.

Although I was let loose on the public I still didnt feel 100%.

After a while, I adapted my routine to suit me, & not have the client in too many positions :)

Just take your time, lower the setting of your gun (too much too quick is where it can go horribly wrong) once sprayed, let them dry... Then check over your work.

Ask to see them the next day so you can see how it turned out.

Remember to emphasise correct tan preparation & aftercare.

Good luck :) xx

It's the easiest thing in the world Hun. I done the course and had never even had a tan done myself. I felt confident enough straight after and started charging the next day and have had nothing but compliments.

You will be fine :) xxx

Iv decided to use white to brown.i see they all have different strengths.any advice on which % to get,one type or all?

When I trained we were advised to do 10 trial tans on models before offering to paying clients.

I had 1 model and that was it. My first clients were a wedding party. Make sure you get the hang of your tent, cleaning your gun etc but will all be shown in your training.

I love tanning. Its one of my favourite treatments.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

All the tan solution makes sell different strengths so when u do your training they will go through that with you. But generally a 9% is fair-medium and is what u will prob use the most. If people want a darker tan you would use 12% then again darkest at 16% you are best having all options in your kit just in case but more of the 9%
Check the brand though as like I said, they aren't always all the same.

You will be fine and it really is easy once you get the hang of it.

One thing I will say is try and avoid spraying the hands and feet. Some training will show u how to tan those areas but I find a lot of people prefer that I don't spray them as they don't end up with any orange bits etc. the residue in the tent is enough to help the hands and feet blend in a bit of tan ;) hope that makes sense haha xxx

I did all my friends as practice first - I did about 5-10 all in all through practice, they all came out lovely so felt confident. 2 years on there perfect never have any complains and ladies/gents come back again and again. The hardest thing for me at first was wasting solution which I did a lot! I now use around 40ml per tan and the whole process now takes me 15 min in and out. Spray tanning is the best thing to get into IMO x

Don't use anything salt based!!! It will make your tan go patchy. Make sure any scrub you use is sugar based, or to be sure, make your own... sugar (brown large grain is best, but normal white is fine) and olive oil and add ground coffee if you want to (this will tighten your skin a bit).

Don't use anything salt based!!! It will make your tan go patchy. Make sure any scrub you use is sugar based, or to be sure, make your own... sugar (brown large grain is best, but normal white is fine) and olive oil and add ground coffee if you want to (this will tighten your skin a bit).

I think you've read her question wrong Hun xx

Latest posts

Back