Spray tan practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

just wondered if you can help

I would love to add spray tan to my services but I am just trying to slot the training etc into my schedule and would like to know if it takes much practise before feeling confident to do a client, as a nail tech most things I learned took a LOT of practise and time to master and I am just concerned I wont be able to fit it in with my growing nail business, family life etc

also I am thinking of nouvatan as a brand what do u think?

thanks

Hi - I'm a level 2 beauty student so had no experience of treatments/services etc before September. I did my Sienna X training about 2 weeks ago and I left feeling confident that I could spray someone and charge industry prices (I'm fully BABTAC insured too).

I practised a couple of times on my hubby but thought the training was comprehensive.

I phoned nearly every solution provider on this earth (slight exaggeration but almost :lol:) and decided to go with Sienna X. I REALLY wanted to like Nouvatan because I spoke to Steve and he was so friendly and I could tell the service would be excellent but I really didn't like the smell. A lot of companies send free samples so have a go and decide for yourself - if you love the product your customers will too.

Enjoy!

Hi Danielle, if you do the course im selling my spray tan machine and the deluxe package for £200 its the TS50 HVLP the spray tan machine (which is by far the best machine, i did lots of research) it alone costs £200. i noticed you live in the Wirral and I live in Liverpool so if your interested let me know if not no worries ! : ) ive only used it twice details below...

RRP: £350 This Includes:

1 x Spray Tan Pop Up Tent black
1 Spray Tan Machine HVLP TS50 Machine
50 x Disposable Caps
7x Sticky Feet Pairs
1 litre - 7.5% Carribean Indulgence Spray Tan Solution
1 lite - 9% Carribean Indulgence Spray Tan Solution
1 litre- 12.5% Carribean Indulgence Spray Tan Solution (used twice)
1 litre - 9% Revive Spray Tan Solution
1 x 50 ml Intensifying Booster Drops (50% DHA - the strongest on the market)
8 x Disposable Thongs
Barrier Cream (used 3 times)
10 x Client Consultation Cards
1x Window Sticker
1 A4 Poster
3 empty spare cups for solution

hi hun

I was specifically after the new purple 'glam' machine otherwise I would of jumped at the chance

thanks anyway :hug:

I trained to work in a salon, my boss wanted me to do the recommended 10 tans before I was let loose on clients!

I know a lot of geeks just start straight away but it did wonders for my confidence. They were spread out over a week, I sprayed the girls from work then they brought friends in. It helped being able to see the final result, & get use to the gun & its settings.

It wont take as long to master as nails. You just need to be confident, have your gun on the right setting & give out correct prep & after care advice. You'll be fine.

I like Nouvatan, Fake Bake is my favourite, then Nouvatan. As said above try as many brands as possible, be prepared to pay for most of them too.

If you can get Guinea pigs... Give them all the same prep & aftercare advice, tan each of them with a different solution... Ask to see them the next day, & 4 days later (preferably without clothes by that point) just to see the colour & fade off, Before you invest.

Xx

After I did my training I taped a huge piece of brown card to my tiles above my bath. I filled my pot with water and sprayed. The card soon dried. I got used to what setting, how far away and speed.

I then held a free spray tan party for my friends - about 6. Put on nibbles, they all brought a bottle. Sprayed them before I hit the vino and it was a success. They also were walking adverts for me and as well as becoming paying clients they also brought me clients through word of mouth.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with Nouvatan and did about 7 friends before charging. I've tried Sienna as well as a few other brands and I've found Nouvatan to be the most natural colour and it definitely fades better than the others. The customer service is fab too.

Spray tanning is generally pretty easy to pick up as long as you get plenty practice in training. After trying it on 1 or 2 friends you should be fine. It's good to get some practice on your own without someone watching over you just to make sure you have it right x

I did 5 freebies to start with and specifically chose people with different skin tones to practice on, this give you an idea of the colours and which ones to recommend 👍

Laura x

thanks very much ladies for all your replies, you have all been very helpful :hug:

Latest posts

Back