Spray tan routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaajaneep

Reaction score
okay so one more week to go and awaiting my business cards before "Be Beautified" is out there! (a mobile pamper party Partnership business)

one of the treatments we offer is spray tan as i am trained in it!
growing up i was a dancer and got spray tans every week and quite liked the routine my beautician had made! the routine i was trained with didnt really stick in my head and i dunno what to do!

any recommendations of routines?
hopefully if i get one i like i plan to do like a little picture page for my clients to see while getting ready for the spray tan to make them a bit more confident with standing getting sprayed!

LJx

I don't actually think it matters so long as you cover every bit.
Mine changes depending on the client.
Clients with big boobs get asked to hold them up and I spray underneath first, then move down and do the front of the legs. By the time I've finished the legs the undersides of the boobs are dry and the client can let go.
Nervous clients I start on the legs, they get used to the machine, the spray and the fact that I'm not bothered by their mostly naked body and neither should they be.
Before starting, I show the client how I want them to stand, what I want them to do when I ask them to turn, how far I want them to turn and that way I find it goes a lot quicker.
Good luck with your new business, I hope you and your partner are megga busy xx

do you not end up tanning the hands a little if they are holding their boobs tho?
sounds good to me tho :) thanks :)

No, any overspray is on the top of the hands, not the palms.
Oh that's my last pep talk. When I've finished tanning I make them turn their hands palm side up and I say.
There is no tanning solution on your hands, so do not ring me up tomorrow and say 'I have orange hands' because if you have orange hands it will be because you have touched your face, or you have touched your arms or legs while you are asleep. So I suggest that you sleep with a pair of socks over your hands and that way you won't have orange hands.
I've had a couple of clients get all sheepish on me and admit that the first time I tanned them they didn't take my advise and woke up with orange hands, but I've never had a client yell at me that I've made their hands orange:D

hi there
good luck with the new venture, mine is about to start soon, its a beauty room within a hair salon. I am sure the trainer who taught you would give you a quick run down, to remind you of the positions you were taught to spray in.

I trained in Nouvatan 2 years ago with Dawn and I know if there was the slightest bit thing that I forgot or would want refreshing she would be more than willing to help. Just give them a call.

Dont worry about it though, you will find your own rhythm. I have seen Dawn's demo video and I know that is the way she taught me, but I have tweaked it just a tad, coz I just couldnt for the life of me get the arms right, so now I have my own rhythm.

PS for my larger ladies i get them to hold boobs up and spray first then i dry underneath them so they can let go.

Be careful about asking ladies to hold their boobs up if you've applied barrier cream though!!! As i apply barrier cream to the palms, i ask them to use the backs of their forearms to hold up boobs - a bit weird but it works!
Kizzycat - I'm finding arms tricky too - is there any chance you could share your arms routine with me? x

okay so one more week to go and awaiting my business cards before "Be Beautified" is out there! (a mobile pamper party Partnership business)

one of the treatments we offer is spray tan as i am trained in it!
growing up i was a dancer and got spray tans every week and quite liked the routine my beautician had made! the routine i was trained with didn't really stick in my head and i dunno what to do!

any recommendations of routines?
hopefully if i get one i like i plan to do like a little picture page for my clients to see while getting ready for the spray tan to make them a bit more confident with standing getting sprayed!

LJx
There are many different ways companies train people in this application and one thing to think about is to contact the original company that you trained with and see if they do a refresher course
Alternatively try goggle it as I know there are many applications shown on U tube
With some usage I'm sure you will be fine
Good luck with the new venture

Be careful about asking ladies to hold their boobs up if you've applied barrier cream though!!! As i apply barrier cream to the palms, i ask them to use the backs of their forearms to hold up boobs - a bit weird but it works!
Kizzycat - I'm finding arms tricky too - is there any chance you could share your arms routine with me? x

Ill try and explain if I can.

ARMS ONLY
first position - client faces back of tent - I get them to stand with their hands to the side of them, with their hands elevated and spray from armpit to wrist. (missing out the rest of my routine in the middle for illustratin purposes)
Ask them to turn aroud and face the front and stand like "its a stick up". I spray from wrist right down armpit to waist. then drop arms and spray from shoulder to fingertips. turn arms over (like they would be showing me the palms of their hands) and ask them to bend hands back and spray down inside of arm lightly. the final piece to my puzzle which seemed to stop the bits i was missing was get them to face the side of the tent. put their arm down by their side and spread fingers out (so that the palm of their hand is facing their outer thigh). I spray from nape of neck all the way down the arm (focusing on the back of their arm, down past their elbow down to their finger tips and then a light spray from top of shoulder to finger tips).

There you go, clear as mud! lol. I hope you get the gist of it.

When I first started I had drawn little stick men and tried to mark down the routine as i was being shown it, so I would have stick man number 1, armpit to wrist etc, obvisouly I only had these with my practice peeps. wouldnt have looked too good puling them out on a paying customer lol

hi there
good luck with the new venture, mine is about to start soon, its a beauty room within a hair salon. I am sure the trainer who taught you would give you a quick run down, to remind you of the positions you were taught to spray in.

I trained in Nouvatan 2 years ago with Dawn and I know if there was the slightest bit thing that I forgot or would want refreshing she would be more than willing to help. Just give them a call.

Dont worry about it though, you will find your own rhythm. I have seen Dawn's demo video and I know that is the way she taught me, but I have tweaked it just a tad, coz I just couldnt for the life of me get the arms right, so now I have my own rhythm.

PS for my larger ladies i get them to hold boobs up and spray first then i dry underneath them so they can let go.

Is Dawn's demo video on here, or is it on youtube? Have you got a link for it Kizzycat;) x

Is Dawn's demo video on here, or is it on youtube? Have you got a link for it Kizzycat;) x
i think its on their facebook site x

Ill try and explain if I can.

ARMS ONLY
first position - client faces back of tent - I get them to stand with their hands to the side of them, with their hands elevated and spray from armpit to wrist. (missing out the rest of my routine in the middle for illustratin purposes)
Ask them to turn aroud and face the front and stand like "its a stick up". I spray from wrist right down armpit to waist. then drop arms and spray from shoulder to fingertips. turn arms over (like they would be showing me the palms of their hands) and ask them to bend hands back and spray down inside of arm lightly. the final piece to my puzzle which seemed to stop the bits i was missing was get them to face the side of the tent. put their arm down by their side and spread fingers out (so that the palm of their hand is facing their outer thigh). I spray from nape of neck all the way down the arm (focusing on the back of their arm, down past their elbow down to their finger tips and then a light spray from top of shoulder to finger tips).

There you go, clear as mud! lol. I hope you get the gist of it.

When I first started I had drawn little stick men and tried to mark down the routine as i was being shown it, so I would have stick man number 1, armpit to wrist etc, obvisouly I only had these with my practice peeps. wouldnt have looked too good puling them out on a paying customer lol

Thanks Kizzy, i haven't established a set routine for arms so always feel bait hit & miss, i'll definitely try your routine. Thanks again x

best thing to do is try a few different methods & then stick to what you prefer, this is what I did, thinking about it my routine is so different to how I was trained. I've added bits & also took bits out, haha x

best thing to do is try a few different methods & then stick to what you prefer, this is what I did, thinking about it my routine is so different to how I was trained. I've added bits & also took bits out, haha x

Thanks Lush - i've done quite a few over last few days & think I've sorted my arm routine now - it seems to work best for me if i do arms all over at same time - rather than as my client moves. Might be a bit annoying to my client but i much prefer to know i've got it right first time. Now onto legs - i keep finding the inner & outer sides seem to need another spray to even the tans on legs!!!! x

Latest posts

Back