Spray tan solution going outside of the tent & brown nostrils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanningincali

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to tanning, and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I've been using Vita Liberata solution, and really like it, but don't have a local rep, so that's made it challenging.

I've been renting a room, and will be moving to mobile, but the woman I rent the room from has complained that solution has been everywhere. I've really tried to make sure I wipe down after, but I'm not doing a good enough job on that. My question is, am I spraying too much solution? When I first started, I was definitely spraying too much. I've since adjusted the spray tan gun so it only shows a certain number of threads at the back, and I stick with that.

I read about the couch roll test and did that today, so thanks for the advice. (Also, in america we call it paper towels, and I was really confused for a moment)!

One other thing that's been bothering me, I notice after a spray tan, that my nostrils will have the brown solution in them. Which makes me nervous. Do you get this as well? Or again, is it just too much overspray?

Hi.

For years I used Sienna X spray tan, without problems. Regardless of if I did 1 tan a day or 10 I would always feel quite chesty and have brown nostrils.

I decorated my tan room white (which I thought was a good idea) until I did spray tans.

I decided to buy an extractor...WOW! What a difference. My unit it large and quite heavy but I'm sure they do them for mobile beauticians.

It is like there is no tan in the air at all. I also changed brands. Great. No more dirty tan cubicle and no brown nostrils.

However, if ever I do a Sienna spray tan I get brown nostrils, I notice a massive difference between Nouvatan which I use now and Sienna. The density and size of the molecules must vary from brand to brand. I could never go back to Sienna it makes me feel like I have asthma.

Maybe try a sample from a different brand to see if you notice a difference. If not I would definitely recommend an extractor!!

Hope that helps xx

Hi Lauren!
Thank you so much for your answer. Funny - I *just* ordered an extractor! The brand insists I don't need one, but I feel better with one. It should be portable enough where I can carry it around for when I switch to mobile. You just confirmed I made the right choice. :)

It does sound like you're gun is on too higher of a setting turn it down gradually testing n kitchen or couch roll

It does sound like you're gun is on too higher of a setting turn it down gradually testing n kitchen or couch roll

Thanks Emily! I have it turned down substantially... I did have a client complain that the tan only lasted one day and then faded quickly. Could that be because there isn't enough being sprayed on her? I offered her a free tan.

Hello! I'm new to tanning, and have been doing it for a couple of months now. I've been using Vita Liberata solution, and really like it, but don't have a local rep, so that's made it challenging.

I've been renting a room, and will be moving to mobile, but the woman I rent the room from has complained that solution has been everywhere. I've really tried to make sure I wipe down after, but I'm not doing a good enough job on that. My question is, am I spraying too much solution? When I first started, I was definitely spraying too much. I've since adjusted the spray tan gun so it only shows a certain number of threads at the back, and I stick with that.

I read about the couch roll test and did that today, so thanks for the advice. (Also, in america we call it paper towels, and I was really confused for a moment)!

One other thing that's been bothering me, I notice after a spray tan, that my nostrils will have the brown solution in them. Which makes me nervous. Do you get this as well? Or again, is it just too much overspray?
Hi! I use sjolie solution they are located in Sacramento ca. Where I live. You should purchase an extractor fan. You order one from the tanning store. Also you can always where nose plugs when you spray! You can also purchase those from the tanning store as well.
Thetanningstore.com

Hi try the setting on your gun. I use Laurens way and I have little over spray.

Thanks Emily! I have it turned down substantially... I did have a client complain that the tan only lasted one day and then faded quickly. Could that be because there isn't enough being sprayed on her? I offered her a free tan.

As silly as it sounds, did she wash the guide colour off? I have never come across this in 8 years!

Latest posts

Back