Spray tan solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaCherry

Reaction score
Hi everyone
So I did my spray tan course yesterday and the solution I bought was AmberMist as its the one I trained with and the results on the models were great, anyway can any of you please tell me if this solution is ok? I know that Nouvatan (sp) and sienna (sp) are good as I've read up on it on here,
It's just that I had someone ask me what I use and I told her AmberMist , obviously selling it to her saying its a really good coverage with no streaks and and a fantastic colour, but she didn't get back to me :-(
Thanks for your help xxx

I've never heard of it, but if you thought it applied well and had a nice colour and wear off then give it a go.

I rarely have any client ask me which brand of tan I use but when they do I tell them the brand and they trust me that it's a good one. :)

I would go with what you feel is right and with the tan that your clients love the most. Ask around for some samples and you can try the different solutions to find one that you and your clients are convinced with with regards to initial colour, tan outcome, fading and longevity and then you can make a decision :O)

I wouldnt worry about what your brand of tanning solution is called. The main issue here is confidence in your own product that you are using. You will always get the odd one who ring up for a specific brand of tanning solution but all the customer sees is the actual advertising for the brand, not how poor their customer service is or how bad it generally fades, or problems getting hold of the solution they just think ok i want a spray tan, ive heard of xxxxxxx, im gonna ring round some places till i find one that does xxxxxxx. I wouldnt worry at all about it. There are so many new spray tan solutions appearing on the market. when i started spraying i had never heard of nouvatan, but when i experienced it for myself and had my clients try it and road test it and found the great results i had, then that gave me confidence in the product. What you should do if you get many of these callers, is maybe say, I use ambermist, was there a particualr brand you were looking for? and get them talking and ask why in particular they want that brand and then you can go on to say how great you think yours is. Confidence is the key! good luck x

Can I be pedantic? The results weren't great - the guide colour went on great :) Unless you were sprayed too and you have seen the tan today then the only thing you have seen so far is the guide and it doesn't mean the underlying tan looks the same...

Just saying :)

Thanks so much for your replies,
It's given me more confidence :) im tanning a friend today to test run for me, although the tutor gave amazing views on it, it's always good to have an out side opinion,
great advice thanks ladies x

I think your being a bit hasty here...you went with this brand for the reasons you did ..your tans on the models were fine:wink2:

Given you have just started out its perhaps more important for you to get some experience with your application going as it is this that will make you a good therapist.

Changing solution at this early stage is possibly just going to confuse you further.

Get tome practice under your belt...give your choice of solution a good chance and try and in the future if you are not entirely convinced well ring around and get some samples to try out...at this stage you will have experience under your belt to asses the qualities of the different solutions properly

HTH and good luck with your new venture
Hi everyone
So I did my spray tan course yesterday and the solution I bought was AmberMist as its the one I trained with and the results on the models were great, anyway can any of you please tell me if this solution is ok? I know that Nouvatan (sp) and sienna (sp) are good as I've read up on it on here,
It's just that I had someone ask me what I use and I told her AmberMist , obviously selling it to her saying its a really good coverage with no streaks and and a fantastic colour, but she didn't get back to me :-(
Thanks for your help xxx

Thanks Hun, I agree practice and try out is the key
:) x

I bouhgt my kit from LATanning, but it doesnt mean in going to stick with them. I also have LOADS of samples. I bought the LATan kit mostly for the amount of solution you get included, so I have 4 litres to practise with! But Im also trialling out the samples on friends and myself to see how they well they do and which ones are most popular. (although I do actually love LATan colour and its lasted well on me, too much so, I cant get it off! lol)
Im a total newbie too, at this stage I wouldnt worry about solutions too much, and concentrate more on technique and using samples and test them out while practising :)
xx

Thanks Caz :) looking forward to doing more tans, x

Hi Emma - how are you getting on with the amber mist? As you said, the guide colour looked fab after we'd finished their tans but it'd be fab to hear how your friend got on with it??? Ellie

Hi,
Me and my friend both had one at the same time, (did each other) and both look fab :) we had different % I had 8 she had 12, they're both fading quite nice and no streaks x
X

Hi everyone
Thanks for your help xxx
Hi Hun, I started out with them when I was still using my compressor before I changed to HVLP.I didn't train with them as I had trained abroad using a similar system and I loved it but it did have the false tan smell though. It may be different now, it does offer great coverage, no orange or streaky bits , dries quick and the customer service was fantastic. Sorry not really had much to do with them since changing equipment but I do still have 2 of their compressors in my storage area to use as back up if my little pig decides to die on me.It took me a good 2 or 3 years to change though as I loved my equipment and solution and was worried that a change would bring more problems than positives.

Consumers are now more educated but they cant know every solution available, I have people asking about St Tropez and Sienna X mainly because Sienna X have flooded the market with new technicians and St Tropez has been around for a while but if you have confidence in your abilities and your product customers will happily get a tan from you.
Are you offering introductory offers on your tans ? What have they to lose? Either a fabulous tan at a great price or a good tan at a great price. Win Win

Last edited:
I think your being a bit hasty here...you went with this brand for the reasons you did ..your tans on the models were fine:wink2:

Given you have just started out its perhaps more important for you to get some experience with your application going as it is this that will make you a good therapist.

Changing solution at this early stage is possibly just going to confuse you further.

Get tome practice under your belt...give your choice of solution a good chance and try and in the future if you are not entirely convinced well ring around and get some samples to try out...at this stage you will have experience under your belt to asses the qualities of the different solutions properly

HTH and good luck with your new venture
Totaly agree with you Collin, how can you judge a products suitability for you if you havent given it a chance, we dont all want to be sheep following the same shepherd do we?

Individuality is paramount in our business and we can learn from others but make our own choices

I bouhgt my kit from LATanning, but it doesnt mean in going to stick with them. I also have LOADS of samples. I bought the LATan kit mostly for the amount of solution you get included, so I have 4 litres to practise with! But Im also trialling out the samples on friends and myself to see how they well they do and which ones are most popular. (although I do actually love LATan colour and its lasted well on me, too much so, I cant get it off! lol)
Im a total newbie too, at this stage I wouldnt worry about solutions too much, and concentrate more on technique and using samples and test them out while practising :)
xx

Remember you only have 6 months or so shelf life from opening so get practising girl!!!!LOL

Totaly agree with you Collin, how can you judge a products suitability for you if you havent given it a chance, we dont all want to be sheep following the same shepherd do we?

Individuality is paramount in our business and we can learn from others but make our own choices

Amen to that Missus :hug:

Hi Hun, I started out with them when I was still using my compressor before I changed to HVLP.I didn't train with them as I had trained abroad using a similar system and I loved it but it did have the false tan smell though. It may be different now, it does offer great coverage, no orange or streaky bits , dries quick and the customer service was fantastic. Sorry not really had much to do with them since changing equipment but I do still have 2 of their compressors in my storage area to use as back up if my little pig decides to die on me.It took me a good 2 or 3 years to change though as I loved my equipment and solution and was worried that a change would bring more problems than positives.

Consumers are now more educated but they cant know every solution available, I have people asking about St Tropez and Sienna X mainly because Sienna X have flooded the market with new technicians and St Tropez has been around for a while but if you have confidence in your abilities and your product customers will happily get a tan from you.
Are you offering introductory offers on your tans ? What have they to lose? Either a fabulous tan at a great price or a good tan at a great price. Win Win

Hi, I've bought theHVLP pig but in black, I love it,
I've done a few tans so far and had great results, I never really doubted the solution but was just wandering what other people thought of it, x

Latest posts

Back