Spray tan solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
I'm a bit frustrated with my current solution, I've had 4 bad feedbacks from clients since I introduced it (never had any complaints previously) so i am pulling it and going back to my old solution until I get something I am really happy with.

My old solution is good, never any issues with it, nice to use and great results but the one thing lacking was an awareness of the brand. I know results are the most important but marketing is important for any product and I felt this was lacking. Nobody had ever heard of the tan but the results were good.

So I added another brand new range, done a couple of tans on darker skinned friends and they were fine..plus the marketing side was being done really well and a lot of promo about the new range. But, the last few tans I have done have all complained of the same thing...patchy, faded bits, bad fade off and just generally not a great looking tan. I adjusted my technique, gun settings, everything I could think of but still the same issues.

I know how to tan someone and having never had issues before I've stopped thinking its something I'm doing and more the actual product. I was on here a while ago asking about barrier creams, I'd never needed one before cos I never had problems.

Anyway, sorry for the long waffle...just looking for others opinions on whether I should let a lack of marketing put me off or just keep going with what worked for me before?
I do a lot of marketing myself and from a retail background so I know how to sell something, just that I feel branding is hugely important for any product as well as the actual quality.

Feeling a bit lost!

Hi there what solutions was you using just curious ;) x

i would go with what gets you the best results - i find no one seems to ask what the brand name is they just say i dont want orange!
it might be worth checking with the new solution how many coats it requires i know from here some say go over twice but mine says definate no no x

Go for good results over marketing for sure. If clients tans are not up to scratch they will not return or recommend you regardless of what marketing goes along with the brand. If they are pleased with their tan they will return and bring their friends whatever make it is. I use a brand which is unknown to non professionals but no one ever asks the name of it anyway. It gives good results and that's all that matters. Xx

I checked with the supplier of the new solution and adjusted accordingly, was told to use 25mls or thereabouts, a much lighter coating but still problems with patches and fading. Even the tan I done last night with it, after a while I could see the tan developing and it all looked totally even, no white patches etc but when washed off it wasn't great. Luckily it was my mam and she's well used to different tans.
Results are what matters so it's back to my old solution, I've had lots of repeat business from that as well as recommendations. Clients have commented how lovely their tan was when I used the old brand so best to stick with what worked for me.
The old solution was Bronze Leaf, don't want to slate the new one as I'm sure lots of techs probably get on great with it!

I use LA tan and have great results from it BUT the marketing is awful in my opinion. The logo is 70's style, colours are orange and brown, not ideal.

All in all though I find my customers don't care what brand I use as long as it looks good!

Latest posts

Back