Spray Tan, splashes in the rain Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have just had a spray tan, let it dry, went to my car and it started to rain, I have now got splash marks on my forearms?!?

Will they stay like this or will it wash off when I have a shower in 8 hours time?

I have also got a dirty tide mark round my neck, the girl assured me this would also wash off, Im not so sure, help me guys......I sound so pathetic!!

Hey Guys, I have just had a spray tan, let it dry, went to my car and it started to rain, I have now got splash marks on my forearms?!?

Will they stay like this or will it wash off when I have a shower in 8 hours time?

I have also got a dirty tide mark round my neck, the girl assured me this would also wash off, Im not so sure, help me guys......I sound so pathetic!!

Oh dear we cant have that now can we....The person who did your spraytan may just be right-hopefully it is just the initial colour dye that has been washed off...

Have a shower when you are ready and hopefully all will be well.....if not go back into the salon and ask for a top up of any areas that have not set...I am sure they will want you to be a happy customer who will retaun again so I see no reason why the shouldn't help you out.

If you do not manage to get sorted out PM me with your addy and I will happily send you something that will help repair any areas that haven't tanned

Be cool and all will be well:hug:

thanks Collin, Im hoping it will all be fine! Shall let you know how it pans out after Ive had a shower tonight! :eek:

bless you hun! this is why I dont like going out for spray tans, I once had one and it started to spit as I left the salon. It was July so I had probs buying a brolly (cost me about 11 quid!!) then my bf wanted me to meet him, so I had to walk through town, no bra or knickers on, just joggers, vest and flip flops, with pale brown splodges all over me! Nightmare!

hope it turns out better for you lol xxx

thanks Collin, Im hoping it will all be fine! Shall let you know how it pans out after Ive had a shower tonight! :eek:

Yes let us know!

I have been splashed with water after a spray tan before and it was fine, but it was only a tiny tiny bit!

Your mark round your neck should just wash off in the shower.

What brand did the salon use?
x

It was St.Trpoez, I can still see the splashes a little, but the tan where the rain has splashed has developed more now so the tan is more even, god its dark lol!

I cant wait to wash now so I can see what colour I will be!!

Thanks for all your help guys xxxx:hug:

It was St.Trpoez, I can still see the splashes a little, but the tan where the rain has splashed has developed more now so the tan is more even, god its dark lol!

I cant wait to wash now so I can see what colour I will be!!

Thanks for all your help guys xxxx:hug:

I find tans always looks really dark as they develop as it is the tan underneath plus the guide colour on top making the colour. Don't panic and wash it off early as this will effect the end result. I'm sure you'll look lovely :hug:

If you do have any tide marks or marks where you have been splashed they should all blend in when you moisturise after your shower hth

So - how has it turned out then?

It has turned out fine, I never needed to worry! lol!!

However I am a little miffed with my colour, it is not really much of a tan tbh! You cannot tell there is any difference on my face and decolote, Im a little more tanned on my arms and legs, atleast Im not orange and icky hey!!!

Thanks for all your advice geeks, I know I shouldnt have worried!

xxxxxx:hug:

It has turned out fine, I never needed to worry! lol!!

However I am a little miffed with my colour, it is not really much of a tan tbh! You cannot tell there is any difference on my face and decolote, Im a little more tanned on my arms and legs, atleast Im not orange and icky hey!!!

Thanks for all your advice geeks, I know I shouldnt have worried!

xxxxxx:hug:

If you show the salon your tan they should give you a free top up on those areas that haven't changed :hug:

Yes you do need to let the salon know,
they should give you a free top up spray to darken it more to your liking and they will know for next time to use the next one up (percentages) from what they used hth

Thats good but I would go back to the salon about your bits that havent taken.

hi

i did a friend yesterday and she popped back into day so i could see the tan - and it was piddling down and shes ended up with quite obvious rain splat marks on her forearms and feet

have resprayed lightly today - will it make the other bits that had taken darker and still leave noticeable lighter marks ?

should she leave it to fully develop ie 8 hours ?

should she have exfoliated the rain patched arm / feet before respray ?

anything else i can advise her ?

thanks guys

kx

Crikey, at this rate our Spray Tan suppliers will be selling us branded rain macs as a retail item next!

Personally, if I had a client who's suffered rain marks, I'd be tempted to advise the use of a follow up product (one of the ones with about 1% DHA in), to try and even out the marks.

If it was friend and I was just helping her out....yes, i'd exfoliate first, and then re-spray very lightly over the affected area. Iy will be difficult ot get it looking perfect, but it should b a vast improvement.

Lyndsay

how do you / what do you / your clients do when its raining - how can i prevent this happening again ? next time it could be a paying client

thanks

kx
(tantrick)

Lyndsay

how do you / what do you / your clients do when its raining - how can i prevent this happening again ? next time it could be a paying client

thanks

kx
(tantrick)

Well tbh, its less of a problem for me as a lot of my tanning is done mobile (& parties) - henceforth its me that gets wet!. But I do have a few who come to me, and wil be more so as i am just opening a new studio....trying to build business!

I simply have a big golfing brolly by the door and walk them to their car, albeit we have parking space so its not far! I've not then had a problem with rain splashes.

i did get one girl admitted that she went home, forgot about her tan and washed her hands just after she'd been to the loo, splashing water up her arms at the same time. She said it wasn't oo bad, although she could see the line if she looked carefully, so she bought a 'tan in a can' in case it happened again! (Also useful for topping up the facial area...as this fades first!)

So the only plonker who has actually suffered 'splashes' with one of my tans.....is me! I'm well known for getting hubby to tan me and then rushing off to do the washing up or something! If its immediate (within an hour max), i have tan removal wipes, so i just cleanse the area and respray, but if its longer than that, I wait until I shower....scrub that area well and use my 'aftercare' body lotion, which as i say has 1% DHA. Because the tan was on the skin for a while, the marks aren't bad at all, so this seems to sort them out.

The wipes are useful....I always keep a tub of those in my kit!

HTH xx

Just to update you guys, I was not impressed with my tan at all, Im a good girl when it comes to moisturising my body and exfoliating, so when my tan started to go mega patchy and it looked awful I was gutted!
I still have tan on my skin, I shower everyday, I am body buffing, dry brushing, exfoliating, trying to get this stuff off my skin, its been over 2 weeks now since I had the tan, I dont really know what else I can do!

I went back to see the therapist on the Monday, I had the tan on the Friday and she refused to give me a top up, or re-spray the patchy bits, I would have to pay full price again £25, so I said no.

Anyone got any ideas how to get this tan off, given the fact that I am trying everyday with the above things!

I havent read back, and I cant remember if I said it was St.Tropez.

I haven't personally tried it (despite promising myself i would - you never have a spare pineapple around when you need one!:lol:) but the 'recipe' given in this thread by Amy de Man sounds lush and very much like it could be a great way of shifting stubborn tan marks.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/50877-exfoliation.html

As we've said before...such a shame your not closer, then you could try spray tanning with me! Oh well!

Thats a brill thread Lyndsay with a fab recipe from Amy!! I havent got any pineapple juice so will get some Monday when I get my exfoliating gloves aswell, and Im gonna have myself an exfoliating hour!

xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back