Spray tan splashes on client's chest

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I've just come back from spraying a client. My hose detached from the gun as i was finishing & resulted in dark splashes on her chest. They were the size of freckles but when she said she was wearing a low chested dress i panicked & decided to use a buffing mitt to try to blend the splashes. It looked fine & i was very gentle & she did say that she was a bit freckly anyway so it would be fine. Now I'm home, I'm worrying that i may have smudged her tan, although it looked ok. What are your thoughts on this???

My tanning machine has done this in the past and luckily it was on a girl I work with and I did the same just dabbed it and it was fine when she washed it of. it's only the guide colour :)

Thanks Shelly - i must admit I've calmed down a bit - its just a horrible feeling to think you've made a mistake. Thanks for the reassurance x

it will be fine, using a tanning mitt in a sort of firm, pressing, dabbing motion to get rid of the excess and blend in she will be none the wiser when she wakes up in the morning, stop fretting, i bet she texts to say its lovely

Just to make you feel better... I'm new to tanning. I sprayed my husband with my new machine (having only ever used the colleges one) and after spraying him as a practice run - I accidentally pressed the trigger again and a huge spatter of solution went right up his back.

I can tell you that the next day when he washed it off it was barely visible and that was with my just leaving it to dry like that.

Hope this helps

Karen x

Thanks Kizzy & Karen - more reassurance definitely helps x:Love:

This has happened to me twice now! Are we best to try to dab it off or just to leave it well alone as it is just the guide colour? Still a bit confused on this one!!

This has happened to me twice now! Are we best to try to dab it off or just to leave it well alone as it is just the guide colour? Still a bit confused on this one!!
I've had drips of extra tan from hairy clients and once the guide colour was washed of, nothing to see. So long as your application is even the % of DHA is absorbed correctly.
To explain this more clearly;
It doesn't matter if you put one coat of 10% or six coats of 10% tan on the skin the end result will be 10%. The only way to add more is to do 2 applications 8 hours apart. The skin will then absorb the second 10% of DHA and result in a darker tan. Before all the stronger/darker tans were brought out that's how a lot of us did it.
Yes a lot of companies will say, do 2 coats, but if you understand the chemistry behind the tan you know that all you are doing is using more solution which = more profit for the company and less in your pocket. cleaning up drips etc, is more about the client seeing a smooth finish than it is about uneven coverage.
hth.

I've had drips of extra tan from hairy clients and once the guide colour was washed of, nothing to see. So long as your application is even the % of DHA is absorbed correctly.
To explain this more clearly;
It doesn't matter if you put one coat of 10% or six coats of 10% tan on the skin the end result will be 10%. The only way to add more is to do 2 applications 8 hours apart. The skin will then absorb the second 10% of DHA and result in a darker tan. Before all the stronger/darker tans were brought out that's how a lot of us did it.
Yes a lot of companies will say, do 2 coats, but if you understand the chemistry behind the tan you know that all you are doing is using more solution which = more profit for the company and less in your pocket. cleaning up drips etc, is more about the client seeing a smooth finish than it is about uneven coverage.
hth.

I keep reading this and I am not doubting the chemistry and I am sure you are right. However I always spray the face twice as I feel without a second 'coat' the face doesn't look as brown as the rest of the body. My customers say the same. Do you think this may be because I spray the face quite quickly compared to the rest of the body, so in actual fact I'm using the same amount of solution just in 2 coats instead of 1? I wasn't trained to spray the face twice, it's just something I've found I need to do

I keep reading this and I am not doubting the chemistry and I am sure you are right. However I always spray the face twice as I feel without a second 'coat' the face doesn't look as brown as the rest of the body. My customers say the same. Do you think this may be because I spray the face quite quickly compared to the rest of the body, so in actual fact I'm using the same amount of solution just in 2 coats instead of 1? I wasn't trained to spray the face twice, it's just something I've found I need to do

I do exactly the same...even though the advice on here is that it makes no difference! I find that the clients like it as the face takes the most abuse after the tan what with make up and lotions and potions so for the tiny amount it takes me in both time and solution it's worth it!!

Latest posts

Back