Spray Tan Splatter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
Hi - am hoping someone can help me!!

I have the Tantrick Minimist pro salon that I bought back in 2007.
I look after it, strip the gun down after every use, clean it thoroughly etc.

BUT I am having a nightmare with it splattering. It doesn't happen every time I use it but enough that I have had to redo 2 of the 5 tans I did the other day!

I have tried shaking the solution, straining it, (am using LA Tan but has also happened with Nouvatan too), turning the gun right down etc.

I always spray really dry and can normally only use 35 - 40mls of solution per tan and take around 15 mins on a good day.

But it keeps spitting and splattering, making the customers all speckled and freckled and I am at my wits end! I was thinking about getting a new machine but is this just throwing money away if its something I am doing?!

Help :eek: xxxxx

When u mean splattering do u mean it's ur gun making a splattering noise? Are u sure u are not just spraying too close? X

Hi, its a splatter of solution, instead of coming out in a nice thin mist it just randomly decides to spit the spray tan and creates a speckled dark look.

I am spraying the same way as I always do, from the same distance etc!

Xx

Hey,

If you mean random dots of tan on your client then I get that sometimes to, I think its when the lid isnt tight enough....

If you don't mind me asking how come you switched to LA Tan? I use LA Tan and the mo and am looking to also try out nouvatan x

Its sooo frustrating, it can be spraying perfectly then all of a sudden it splutters then spits out loads of solution all over the customer!

Looks like I will be getting another gun :( xx

Hi - am hoping someone can help me!!

I have the Tantrick Minimist pro salon that I bought back in 2007.
I look after it, strip the gun down after every use, clean it thoroughly etc.

BUT I am having a nightmare with it splattering. It doesn't happen every time I use it but enough that I have had to redo 2 of the 5 tans I did the other day!

I have tried shaking the solution, straining it, (am using LA Tan but has also happened with Nouvatan too), turning the gun right down etc.

I always spray really dry and can normally only use 35 - 40mls of solution per tan and take around 15 mins on a good day.

But it keeps spitting and splattering, making the customers all speckled and freckled and I am at my wits end! I was thinking about getting a new machine but is this just throwing money away if its something I am doing?!

Help :eek: xxxxx

Hiya
This happened to me about a month ago. I have a salon air compresser machine and I had to get an engineer out to check it over. It turned out to be my spray gun, couldn't be fixed so I had to get a new one. Can't complain really as I had it 6 years and it's been fab. It could be your gun has gon faulty.

Hiya
This happened to me about a month ago. I have a salon air compresser machine and I had to get an engineer out to check it over. It turned out to be my spray gun, couldn't be fixed so I had to get a new one. Can't complain really as I had it 6 years and it's been fab. It could be your gun has gon faulty.

Hi there, I had the exact same problem and thankfully I was spraying my Daughter. Although I give the gun a good clean by spraying the tent with water after each tan, this time I mustn't have done it properly. After another good clean out it works fine. I have the maximist 5008
X

I had same problem just got worse, turned out there was rust in the barrel where needle feeds through goodness knows how Im religous when cleaning my equipment. Any I had the gun completely stripped down every bit cleaned, also make sure the nut hasnt come lose by the trigger. Your gun may of seen better days though very frustrating, :irked:

Hi, its a splatter of solution, instead of coming out in a nice thin mist it just randomly decides to spit the spray tan and creates a speckled dark look.

I am spraying the same way as I always do, from the same distance etc!

Xx

Make sure your tube that attatches to the gun that sucks up the solution is fitted to the correct part i once fitted it to the wrong bit and this is what my gone started doing.

I did that the other day..put the tube back on the wrong part of the gun... Splattered solution everywhere !!! Luckily I always test my gun before I have a client in... My mirrors and lamp alll totally covered in tan!!

If that's not what the problem is it might be worth thinking about getting a new machine. Have you made sure your gun is suited to the amount you're using it?

Hello...

Also I may suggest make sure your machine is covered at the back or there nothing in the fan bit... I once did a tan and it was really speckly... turns out my tent was covering the back of my machine so the air wasnt been sucked through properly x

thanks for all your replies!

I have 2 tans in tomorrow so I will check all of these things and fingers crossed its something easy (and cheap!) to fix xx

Mine did this during the last tan i did i was very annoyed only had it since October!x

I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago... I think it was because I had slightly cross threaded my cup when screwing it on? I stopped mid way through the tan, unscrewed the cup, did it up again making sure it wasn't cross threaded (have trouble getting my cups on sometimes! :rolleyes:) and it sprayed fine afterwards.

more things to try! thank you!
got 2 tans to do in 15 mins so fingers crossed! xx

How did the 2 tans go? did you find the problem? Mx

the machine your using is the t200 and the problem your experiencing is caused usually. buy a build up of pressure in the solution cup suddenly escaping. then it splatters as the pressure quickly builds up again. i have serviced 100s of the t200 guns and its usually the gasket, the white circle under the gun that the cup screws onto that has failed, they compress and loose there spongyness over time and this makes the seal fail.
take the white ring out of the gun and place it in a dish of boiling water for 5 mins this will revive the gasket temporarily and get you going for a few weeks, meanwhile order a couple of new gaskets

Latest posts

Back