spray tan went green

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noulady

Reaction score
Sprayed a girl this morning and by the afternoon she had gone green where a black t-shirt had been:eek:.
I was freaked when I saw her, I take great pride in my job, but her parents were genuine and did not hold me at fault (which makes a change most clients would blame you if it rained on them:lol:)
It was defo the t-shirt that had sent her this colour the rest of the tan was perfect, I cleaned the tan off the affected area then resprayed her, free of charge cos i'm a soft touch:rolleyes:

Do you think it was the colour in the material or another chemical that was on the t-shirt? has anybody else come across this?

What chemical is in deodrant that makes your armpits go green?

Would love to solve the mystery, please help

Could it have reacted with something she used to wash the T-shirt in? Washing Powder, or probably more so, was she using a perfumed fabric conditioner. It is possible that she could have had a skin reaction to this I guess.

And was it the tan or the guide colour that went green - ie when she washed did she return to brown?

Could have been fabric conditioner or perfume on tshirt. I have had clients who have not washed off (despite saying they have)all their deoderant or have gone green where their bra has been. When I| have seen this is has been immediate, but would suggest somthing on the fabric has caused the problem. On each occassion when the marker has been washed off the tan underneath has been fine. So ask her to let you know what its like when she has showered.

Mainly it was the guide colour that turned green, i think it was washing powder or softner that reacted with it, something on that bloomin t-shirt

Poor girl had a dancing comp tomorrow, so I had to correct it, i wouldn't of slept:eek:

What tan was it that you used?

I have heard this alot with St Tropez users..

However..
This is most probably always due to the client having products/deodrant/perfume on before application and so therefore, it is not your mistake if they were advised of the importance of having 'bare' skin before they have it done?
xx

The parents knew it was something to do with the t-shirt and did not blame me at all and just wanted me to help sort out the problem.

I take pride in my pre and aftercare advice and explain every little detail, clients always compliment me on this.

Latest posts

Back